Mystery spiral on 223 bullet?

Yeah sorry I was gettin myself confused thinking about your issues and mine! All i can say is that John at WOA knew about these spirals as part of his trade. Didnt make any big issue out of it more like yeah that happens because apparently the cases do a spin once they bounce off the bolt for a milisecond. He said it dosent affect anything its just part of the way an ar works. My guess is the cause is from the mag spring tension pushing up on one half of the case while it is stripped.
Anyhow John is a major player building match grade uppers and is a multi champion 30+ year shooter. So if thats what he told me then I'll take it for gospel. He has forgotten more about shooting than I know!
Why more people dont talk about it I dont know. Maybe they dont sweat the small things like some of us and attribute them to just being spiral ejection scratches along with the other dings n gouges you see with an ejected live round. anyhow its all interesting stuff.

I took my brand new WOA 20 practical upper to range today to shoot some 39gr blitzking test loads. Got them up to 4007 fps before had to say whoa on the powder charge. pretty cool cartridge!

I took my brand new WOA 20 practical upper to range today to shoot some 39gr blitzking test loads. Got them up to 4007 fps before had to say whoa on the powder charge. pretty cool cartridge!

4000 is cookin! Sounds like fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.