.223 explosion!

I'm wondering if his vision is going. 68 and diabetic for many years. A few years ago I was out with him and he was doing chrono data work at the range and he blasted the chrono on the stand.

Pistol powder in a rifle shell is asking for disaster. He already bought a new forged lower and BCG locally and was putting it back together. Nothing wrong with the SS barrel or it's lugs

I'm wondering if his vision is going. 68 and diabetic for many years. A few years ago I was out with him and he was doing chrono data work at the range and he blasted the chrono on the stand.

Pistol powder in a rifle shell is asking for disaster. He already bought a new forged lower and BCG locally and was putting it back together. Nothing wrong with the SS barrel or it's lugs
Pistol powder and a rifle shell is a 300bo.
h110
ww296
lil'gun

I'm 71 T2diabetic, my sight is still good but I've noticed when my sugar spikes up I get a bit foggy. When that happens I don't go near my fire arms or loading bunch. It's just what I do….

Storing pistol and rifle powder together is asking for trouble. I keep mine on opposite sides of my storage building for that very reason. Doesn't cover every possible mistake but does require a conscience decision to end up with the wrong one.

I'm 70 with T2D and the memory does slow down. I decided to write procedures for my reloading tasks, especially since I sometimes go several months without reloading. It starts with developing a load sheet with all the data, then specifies die setup, scale setup, etc. it also has QC checkpoints.

I decided to do this after putting some 8208 into my 8# jug of 4064. Hopefully you friend will take this as a wakeup call.

I'm 68 T2 diabetic, after 90 days Carnivore eating ie "Dr Ken D Berry" my A1C went from 6.4 to 5.3 with no medications. This may not be for everyone but it's working for me and feeling great. My Blood Pressure has normalized too.
Have any of you tried vinegar & honey daily in your diets ? I have personally seen on my blood work the results. Not saying it is the answer for everyone but something to try. Also great for weight loss. I usually take a shot of vinegar out of the jug. Yes taste is controversial. But I kind of like vinegar. lol And then just squeeze a shot of honey into my mouth about a time later. After the taste of vinegar has disappeared. They don't taste good at all TOGETHER. LOL
Haven't you ever wondered how the Amish avoid the docs ? Just my theory. It's all about your diets. Eat everything in moderation. And stay active as much as possible.

I locked up my 338-378 Wby....
Went like this:
Fire forming new brass w/ 225gr slugs..
Had Hodgdon web site on my phone, scrolling thru 3 different powders I had on hand. Decided to use Powder X, got the start weight, loaded them up. At the range, first and only shot was 2ft high. Had to hammer the bolt open.
Turns out I used the charge from a different powder. 20% overcharge. Swelled the chamber .005, iirc. ALOT, anyway. I consider myself very very fortunate, and I'm not likely to do THAT again.

Lucky is right. but not good. Why such a heavy bullet to start with? There a lot of lighter bullet that you could have started with.
Ouch, not only did he use pistol powder, but a really fast one at that. No wonder the rifle had issues.
I think you would have to start all over again. Maybe the scope and mounts, Stock, Trigger, but that about it. The barrel and action to the recycle barrel. To bad, but at lease it didn't go up in his face.

Lucky is right. but not good. Why such a heavy bullet to start with? There a lot of lighter bullet that you could have started with.

I think you would have to start all over again. Maybe the scope and mounts, Stock, Trigger, but that about it. The barrel and action to the recycle barrel. To bad, but at lease it didn't go up in his face.
Good thing Weatherby has one of the strongest actions . It takes a big screw up too blow one up . Don't try that with any other , it won't be the same outcome . Glad the Op s ok

I made a mistake one time. I went duck hunting with a buddy who was a former MP. He fired a squib when a bunch of ducks were flying by us at a furious pace. I told him "Squib load!!! Check your weapon!!!". And went on to trying to get more ducks. I assumed he knew what a squib load was since he had formal firearms training like me. But that was a poor choice on my part. He ejected the shell and looked in his chamber. And then loaded another shell and KABOOM. Peeled open the barrel like a banana and split the fore end in half. He didn't know what a squib was, and I haven't assumed that anyone else does either ever since then.
2F55A1D6-32CB-4EA8-8400-14311AF5EF4F.png