223/556 on the shelves yet?

Almost everything I've seen out there is still pretty over priced but coming out of this squeeze all of the manufactures are still being limited by their component suppliers. This month is a big difference from last month on availability, so hopefully by the end of the summer we'll be through the worst of this mess.

Here is a cool search tool that I have been using to locate ammo and components:

GunBot find 223 5.56 AR-15 ammo in stock

It searches a ton of places like Sinclair, Cabela's, Midway, Palmetto State Armory, etc. for current inventory and availability, even the price.

Check it out.

John

Wichita, KS Here at Cabela's I've bought some on Saturday morning the last two weeks in a row. Nothing to wright home about, just some steel case junk. My seven year old doesn't notice the difference.

I know this is an old thread so bear with me. I have found that in my area (SoCal) stuff is still pretty hard to find. Not as hard as a few months ago but still hard to find. I roll my own so I'm shopping for components. I have to think that loaded ammo is as hard to find as components. Its getting better but its a slow boat. The last time I found powder ( my go to powder anyway) I ordered 16 pounds. I was expecting a pair of 8 pound jugs. What came in the mail was 16 one pound jugs. Thats usually a sign of short supply. We are not out of the weeds yet but we are getting there.

As for the supply of AR's most retail stores have them in the Atlanta area. Even Walmart has a good variety of them at really good prices.

I bought a new Colt LE6920 M4 two weeks ago which I changed the original trigger for a Giessele SSA-E. What a difference WOW this is one nice trigger. I also put my old Bushnell 3.5-10x45mm scope with 4-plex reticule for deer hunting on top & a Vickers 2 point padded sling on it. I also got six 20 round polymer magazines from Sportsman Guide for 26$ in their catalog. :)

joseph

Attachments

• MY NEW M4 1 .JPG
    MY NEW M4 1 .JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 88
Been buying 556 on shelves at Dicks for $9-10 for 20rnds for several months. Its a little high but I have 300-500 cases and I reload too. Bear in mind I bought my first AR Saturday.

DPMS sweet 16" SS barrel 946 tax title fees. (I saw 2yrs ago same gun was 815 so I only paid a little higher than that)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.