223/556 on the shelves yet?

threejones

Like the title says, just putting out some feelers to see if the supply is starting to catch up yet. I haven't seen any 223/556 on the shelf since the last round of stupidity, and all the 22lr, 9mm, 45acp, etc, dried up shortly after. I've found a little 22lr filtering in a brick at a time, here and there, but still haven't seen much (if any) centerfire. I've got plenty left for my defense guns to eat, but I find myself not wanting to shoot as much as I'd like, at least until I can rebuild my reloading supplies a bit.

So, are the "fun" shelves still empty in your neck-of-the-woods?

I cant seem to find 223/5.56 anywhere around here where I live. I have even tried Cabelas, Midway USA, Natchez Shooting Supply, and the list goes on from there, and no luck anywhere. I haven't shot my AR since everything went crazy. I guess Im just holing on to what ammo I have for it. As for the other calibers you asked about, I can't find any of that either. The one place I did find ammo was at a local sporting goods store called Greentop Sporting Goods in Ashland,VA. The catcher is they had a 1 box limit on what little they did have.

I am from Northeast WI and if watch the shelves real close, there are a few boxes of 223 showing up. I recently bought an AR and have been looking for rounds. I found some at Cabelas and at a couple local stores. Not alot, but they are starting to filter in.

I just heard from a couple guys on another board that were from UT and AZ. Sounds like they've got no shortage at all... what gives? They'd each just picked up several boxes of 223, and 22lr, and said that they had anything a guy could want on the shelves. Hope this means the panic is finally ending.

$15 a box for A E fmj's, (wasn't that stuff $6.99 a box last summer?) plus shipping... wow. But some is better than none. Looks like I'll be waiting a while longer before the ARs come out much. I wonder why 223/556 is coming back before 22lr, or some of the other rimfires. I suppose there's just more 22s out there than 223/556s. Any thoughts?

just over 300 for a case is a good price it means they are not gouging

That's the best I've seen in a while... Just wish I was seeing it on the local shelves.

before I got my dillion I bought all my 5.56 bulk online, kind of hard to get a good price local even before the crazy. Online a case is about 330 local its about 400. I only have one place here local that I can get it as the same price on line but all that was before. I managed to get everything I need to load more than 15k 5.56 during the panic with out paying price gouged rates just had to order and wait. Now I cant even take my rifles out of the safe oh well.

It's hit or miss here but earlier this week, Scheel's in Great falls had some of these ...

P2141586_zps85ed9c04.jpg

... for $12.99 with a 5 box limit.

It has never left here as long as you know were to go and when.
Bought 1000 rounds of federal 556 friday after work 499.99.... picked up var get power as well.. MagPul mags here everyday of the week.
gun):D:D:D:D:D:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.