Your Best AR 556 Handload

I'm really interested in heavy 69+ bullets that will fit AR mag. I need a new powder to start. I've used RL7, BLC2, Varget, mostly Varget, but I think I need something faster for the small area inside the case after seating those long bullets. Would love to hear what you think.

I know you asked for a 69+ for your AR.. I pretty much played with all the aforementioned in the post, in the end in my AR I went with this load, which tracks with M855 out to 800 yards'..., so most the preset sight's and reticle's work with it great

Winchester brass, CCI 41 primer, Hodgdon H335 (25.0grs) Sierra GK 65gr BTSP vel's 3010 fps unbelievably accurate, and deadly on yotes.

Just my thought on the question
Cheer's

25 gr og Varget, CCiBr4, 69 gr SMK..... .25MOA out of my DPMS upper, heavy 1" barrel, this is my 300 yard egg shooter.
Hey Greyfox, I too have the DPMS 1.050 24" barrel they are not much seen anymore. It is my AR competition gun, is 12yrs old, has over 7000 rounds through it, and still avg. .333. I use your same load only with 24grs Varget, I'm glad to see some are still out there. Good shooting; ART

Hey Greyfox, I too have the DPMS 1.050 24" barrel they are not much seen anymore. It is my AR competition gun, is 12yrs old, has over 7000 rounds through it, and still avg. .333. I use your same load only with 24grs Varget, I'm glad to see some are still out there. Good shooting; ART

I like mine a lot...won a bunch of trophys with it!!!

I know that this is an old post, but do to lack of R-15 I came up with a novel alternative for heavy .233's I went out with the chrono today and 75 gr match 28 grains of h414 had the best group @2800 fps and Varget 25.7 was also very consistent at 2800 fps.

So my 1:7 with a 20 inch barrel is going to be fed h414. because I can buy 8 pounders and 75 grain by the 1000's for $134

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.