I have heard of some issues keeping zeros with those scope however I have both a Leupold and a few Vortexs that I have not had any problems with regarding losing zeros. Thus, I see it as being that there is always a potential for a scope having issues no matter the brand as something could always slip by inspection or not get installed correctly.

That being said, after contacting Nightforce with some questions I'm pretty much sold on the NX8 4-32x50. Their reputation for ruggedness is one reason but the main reason is the field of view. From what I was told by the Nightforce rep, below 13x-15x the 2.5-20 has a significant larger FOV over the 4-32, but at 20x the 4-32 has about 7 feet larger field of view than the NX8 2.5-20. That is almost double the FOV I have at 14x in my current scope that I am using. Given this rifle is going to be primarily used for hunting I think the larger FOV will be invaluable for increasing the likelihood of spotting impacts.
That's a nice build, I have quite a bit of experience with an NX8 4-32 and I was very disappointed with it.
The glass is mediocre, very noticeable in bright or low light, the eye box is tight, and it's difficult to adjust the parallax for a clear image.
If you spend like $400 more you can get a waaaay better optic.
Here's a stupid good deal on a March FX 4.5-28
https://www.eurooptic.com/March-FX-...e-01MIL-Illuminated-Riflescope-D28HV52WF.aspx

That's a nice build, I have quite a bit of experience with an NX8 4-32 and I was very disappointed with it.
The glass is mediocre, very noticeable in bright or low light, the eye box is tight, and it's difficult to adjust the parallax for a clear image.
If you spend like $400 more you can get a waaaay better optic.
Here's a stupid good deal on a March FX 4.5-28
https://www.eurooptic.com/March-FX-...e-01MIL-Illuminated-Riflescope-D28HV52WF.aspx
I'm not very familiar with March scopes. I briefly looked at them but given their usual price I didn't look long. However, that's a pretty good deal and I will have to give them a second look, thanks.

I'm not very familiar with March scopes. I briefly looked at them but given their usual price I didn't look long. However, that's a pretty good deal and I will have to give them a second look, thanks.
You won't regret it.

Nice build list of quality components! I'm excited to make a similar post with my first custom as well but need to get some more parts rolling in. I got my paws on a 4-32 NX8, after reading so many love or hate reviews I figured I should check out the controversy for myself.

IT'S HERE!!
I picked up the new rifle last week and have been breaking it in this last week. One change from previous plan was I asked Taylor to keep as much length from the blank as he could so the barrel ended up being 20.75" which probably won't make much difference in the long run.

Until I can buy another scope, I put a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 on it which is slightly heavier but overall still makes the rifle between 10.25-10.5lbs depending on configuration.

As of this posting, I've put 100 rounds on it using some new ADG brass that I reloaded with a very minor charge to harden the cases. The next 50 rounds I put through it I plan to use factory ammo so will see how it shoots with it. Then will plan on working up a load with the 180gr ELDM and then the PVA 170gr Cayugas.

Attachments

• IMG_3467.jpeg
    IMG_3467.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3469.jpeg
    IMG_3469.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
Sweet!!!!!!! Nothing like a plan coming together and getting your hands on a rifle you built. Enjoy and good luck this hunting season. Post some pics