My Tikka 6.5 SS Build

The 6.5 SS is a great round. I have the 6.5 Sherman. It would not be my first choice for a PRS rifle. Most of those guys are shooting 6.5x47, 6.5 Creedmoor or 6MM cartridges that don,t burn near that amount of powder. Check out the PRS website.

Jay
I was thinking that could be the case which is fine. I will use whichever works better between this and my 20" 308 till I get around to building a 260 or 6.5CM. Maybe I'll just rebarrel my 308 once I use up some of my components, who knows. Right now it is just about the SS gun)

So my break eventually showed up, I think it was about 10 days late. Just lost somewhere in my local hub, nobody knows how that happened. Anyway, checked it out and the workmanship was really nice. I repackaged it and dropped it off at the USPS the same day . Mark is only about a 2hr drive from me and in the same state so I figured I was safe but I bought the insurance just in case.

GUESS WHAT IS MISSING?!?!?!

It left my local USPS hub en route to Marks hub but has not been seen in 6 days as it never arrived at that or any other hub.

I guess I will buy another Lil Beast and have it drop shipped straight to Mark, maybe Nathan will let me pay a few extra dollars and send it UPS or FedEx instead. The other option is Nathan also makes a self timed break and just have Mark do a general muzzle threading.

So my break eventually showed up, I think it was about 10 days late. Just lost somewhere in my local hub, nobody knows how that happened. Anyway, checked it out and the workmanship was really nice. I repackaged it and dropped it off at the USPS the same day . Mark is only about a 2hr drive from me and in the same state so I figured I was safe but I bought the insurance just in case.

GUESS WHAT IS MISSING?!?!?!

It left my local USPS hub en route to Marks hub but has not been seen in 6 days as it never arrived at that or any other hub.

I guess I will buy another Lil Beast and have it drop shipped straight to Mark, maybe Nathan will let me pay a few extra dollars and send it UPS or FedEx instead. The other option is Nathan also makes a self timed break and just have Mark do a general muzzle threading.

Man, that really stinks!!

So I got a call from Mark a few days after posting about the lost break and he said he had it and not sure why the USPS was showing it as not having been delivered. And in fact, it still shows as not having been delivered. He was hunting in NE which is why it took a bit to get back to me. Got another call from Mark on the 26th letting me know that my rifle is done. I can't wait to get up there and pick it up but can't do it till Tuesday. In the mean time, I picked up a CDI LA BM for it on clearance at Midway, $167, last one in stock. Not sure why it was on clearance though as it is now listed as in stock and $219 again. Whatever. Stock has not arrived yet but this is about week 3 and was told 3-4 so hopefully soon.

I had a question, what magazine is the most popular for the 6.5 SS for running the long 140's in a LA? As I said, I bought the CDI LA BM but not sure which magazine is best for this application, or is there even a difference? Alpha, Accurate, AI and MDT all have 300 WM steel mags and then Magpul has the poly mags. Decisions, decisions.

Rich, I don't know if Mark sent the reamer back or if he is just going to give it to me. If it has not already been sent out then I will have in in the mail to you on Wednesday at the latest.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.