My setup/results with the Creedmoor Sports Scale…works good

nksmfamjp

Just bought this new scale and trickier. Powder Measure is off my progressive. Might get another some day. So, this is my setup:
3DDBD685-A966-468B-A4E3-3B793E656B06.jpeg

The scale is all they advertise, I guess. I need to try some kind of gage r&r. I'll try something like that for fun this week or next.

It is stable. It is consistent. It moves with a single kernel of RE26.

Accuracy is a bit tough to determine only because with a single kernel of RE26 weighing 0.03gr on average, you cannot get perfect +/-0.00….so, I'm accepting +0.02/-0.01. Could go the other way, but in use the tendency is to over throw powder.

This over throw tendency is highly related to the time it takes to stabilize. It takes 4-5 sec to stabilize on a reading, but seems to run about 4 sec behind what the trickler is adding. So, pauses in trickling have to happen around -0.6gr on fast mode and -0.1gr on slow mode. Then you just add the number of kernels to hit the target.

I can throw in about 45s. I'm kind of slow, I'd bet. I need to figure out how to transition fast trickle to slow trickle without waiting, but still now overthrowing!

AD7C8D88-A598-4E02-B65F-E43DB1A2583A.jpeg

Ignore the bubble level. The shelf is not level. The scale is.

I like it, basically exactly the set up used.

The Dandy Trickler is a quality tool, very easy to slide the weight around and drop single kernels of any powder, extruded or ball.

The trickler is real handy. You can watch kernels ride out on low speed and just count them dropping….1,2,3!

That scale is incredibly easy to use and stable. It makes you confident in it's consistency.

I definitely need a better scale. Drifting drives me crazy. Did you notice any drifting with the CSS? I really appreciate the evaluation.
There is none. FClass John on YouTube tested it for days and had little to no variation or drift! I left this charge on the scale for like 15 min while I took a break and posted this. . , same weight when I returned to it.

It is also pretty stable. In my basement, I really don't need the draft shield. It is nice for speed though.

I just received mine 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it. I was previously throwing with a Chargemaster Lite and verifying on a Hornady scale with horrible results. They almost both met their demise several times, but I refrained from throwing them and I'm glad I did. The Creedmoor Sports scale is amazing and I actually found that my Chargemaster Lite was pretty dang close most of the time. Glad I upgraded to the new scale, definitely worth the investment to anybody who is on the fence about it.

Well, I'm trying to figure out the speed trickle! Seems like I press the red button until I'm about 1.2-1.4gr from target. Then switch to yellow button until 0.3-0.4gr short. Then take a reading and add 1-6 kernels at 0.3gr ea. this is working for RE26 & RE50.