How Good Is Your Scale

I have one on the way, but it can take months before you are able to purchase one. There a line forming and you have get in it and wait. :)

To me its about the repeatability and record keeping not the accuracy of the scale--- when it comes down to it-- that's what makes accuracy is repeatability

Last edited:
I ended up with a TRX-925.

It is by far the best scale I have ever used. No drift that I can find. Measures to 0.01gr….sensitive to 0.02gr kernels dropping into a 60gr charge. Comes with 3 F1 weights for calibration or to check.

I'm about the same speed as my Hornady dispenser using this scale, but much more precise!

Last edited:
This is this the weakest part of my reloading setup. I have been close to pulling the trigger on on the FX scale many times, but the $$$ just causes the brakes to be applied. So I keep going through a slow process of weighing loads twice (Frankford Arsenal and RCBS Beam) for verification. I have found the charges to be fairly consistent, but drifting on the FA is frustrating. I have considered the TRX-925 as well, but I keep looking for longer term experience on this unit.

My Prometheus will detect a 1/4 kernel of 8208. Basically, if dust lands on the weighing funnel... I see it.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Somewhere around $5,000.00 to buy one too. My pocket are deep, but not that deep. It has taken me about a year to assemble new reloading equipment, and I looked at Prometheus. I think if you are shooting Match shooting it would be a must. That price was the last time I check into one. I will have to see once I get everything in place and see what my ES & ED are. My have to go that route.

Do you have the PI or II?
Gen2.

Somewhere around $5,000.00
$5500

once I get everything in place and see what my ES & ED are.
I really notice it on my smaller stuff. .20-223AI and smaller, it becomes VERY noticeable. I can notice it on my BR, BRA, and Dasher stuff too... but it's not nearly as pronounced. I absolutely refuse to load for my small stuff on the V4. However, by the time I get up into 45'ish grains of powder or more, that 2-5 kernel difference between the Prometheus and the Autotrickler V4 becomes less and less pronounced on target. Aggregate performance on a large number of rounds is required to see it. It's there, but subtle.

Suffice it to say the speed and repeatability of the Prometheus is without rival.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Gen2.

$5500

I really notice it on my smaller stuff. .20-223AI and smaller, it becomes VERY noticeable. I can notice it on my BR, BRA, and Dasher stuff too... but it's not nearly as pronounced. I absolutely refuse to load for my small stuff on the V4. However, by the time I get up into 45'ish grains of powder or more, that 2-5 kernel difference between the Prometheus and the Autotrickler V4 becomes less and less pronounced on target. Aggregate performance on a large number of rounds is required to see it. It's there, but subtle.

Suffice it to say the speed and repeatability of the Prometheus is without rival.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

PI worked great for me on N540 pushing 90 VLDs in 223.