My rifle on the budget

Is Spain on the Euro or still on the Peseta?

With the prices you're looking at between the SPS and Tikka I'd probably go Tikka if the Gen2 Milspec is going to blow the budget.

I don't have a Tikka but they have a rabid following here in the US.

You don't need to break the bank to get an accurate rifle.

Tikkas are good rifles. The main thing accuracy issue with budget rifles are the synthetic stocks with pressure points that apply different amounts of pressure to the barrel. Most modern bolt rifles from major companies can shoot sub MOA with a stock upgrade.

Another option to save money is buy a wood or synethic stock. There's lots of info on the internet to pillar/glass bed a rifle. Then sand the barrel channel out to free float it and it will easily get you to 500yds. Tikka makes wood and laminate stocked guns.
Burris zee rings are one of the cheapest most reliable rings. I have them on my 300 wby and they work fine.
For scopes I don't really know what's available in Spain but maybe something like a Burris veracity with the madd turrets might work for you budget?

Bergara can be a good choice, moreover I think it is compatible with the pieces of Remington 700. Do you prefer Tikkas or Bergaras, guys?

How much money do you think I need to spend in the scope to exploit the accuracy of these rifles?

By the way, in Spain we have the Euro.

Bergara can be a good choice, moreover I think it is compatible with the pieces of Remington 700. Do you prefer Tikkas or Bergaras, guys?

How much money do you think I need to spend in the scope to exploit the accuracy of these rifles?

By the way, in Spain we have the Euro.

I would get the bergera and be done with it. Buy a nice scope and go have fun.

Yes, of course. For example all of them in this website:

http://www.borchers.es/es/65-visore...sc&controllerUri=category&id_category=65&n=98

And other well known brands like Zeiss, Nikon, Bushnell, Burris, Vortex, etc. I think it is better to buy a scope under 600 or so right now.

Scanned the list seen a Bushnell elite 10*40 for 400. That would work. Any of the brands you list have good scopes. I have a zeiss conquest and Burris veracity, both are good scopes.

As long as the scope tracks well for dialing, has a Moa or mil reticle and goes to 10-12x mag you can shoot a long ways. It's not so much how must you spend. My favourite cheap scope is a sightron stac. $700 Canadian. I can shoot 800 yds on demand with it mounted on a wby vanguard(a budget rifle that has a boyds laminate stock on it)

Last edited:
I was in your shoes a few years back. Went with the Mill spec 5R 308 and a good use VXIII 4.5X14 X50 mm all for less than $1400. I don't know if I just got a good one or if the all shoot good but mine shoots .5 with hand loads and some of the better factory stuff.

I was in your shoes a few years back. Went with the Mill spec 5R 308 and a good use VXIII 4.5X14 X50 mm all for less than $1400. I don't know if I just got a good one or if the all shoot good but mine shoots .5 with hand loads and some of the better factory stuff.
They all shoot that good... It's just what they are, and what they were built to do. They start with a stainless 700 receiver with a jeweled bolt, and use 5R rifled 416R stainless M24 barrels that have been turned-down to Rem Varmint/Sendero contour. Then it's stuffed into a full aluminum bed-blocked HS Precision stock. They are precision built/assembled using the best factory parts Remington has to offer, and are not mass-produced on the regular assembly line. They are the most accurate factory rifle I've ever shot. Proud to have 2 of them, and always looking for more to add to the toy collection. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.