My next scope

Chinese optics no thanks..
There are better options in that same price range, check out the deals on Burris XTR3 scopes at Eurooptic.com

I have liked Burris for many years but they are not in the price range of the Athlon. The Burris is about double the price for close to the same magnification.
I do like the 3-18 Burris.American made and at my age I have to admit that I'm not a 1000 yard shooter and don't think that will change anytime real soon.That scope is in the price range of the Athlon.
Have you looked through a new Athlon?They are super clear and bright.Looking through an Athlon even a Night Force guy had to admit the Athlon had some things Night Force don't have.Many felt like the glass on the Athlon was better than Night Force but N F owners disagreed.
I own a Gen 1 Athlon 2.5-15x50 and it isn't as clear as the new Gen 2 Athlon I looked through.
Still thinking!

I have liked Burris for many years but they are not in the price range of the Athlon. The Burris is about double the price for close to the same magnification.
I do like the 3-18 Burris.American made and at my age I have to admit that I'm not a 1000 yard shooter and don't think that will change anytime real soon.That scope is in the price range of the Athlon.
Have you looked through a new Athlon?They are super clear and bright.Looking through an Athlon even a Night Force guy had to admit the Athlon had some things Night Force don't have.Many felt like the glass on the Athlon was better than Night Force but N F owners disagreed.
I own a Gen 1 Athlon 2.5-15x50 and it isn't as clear as the new Gen 2 Athlon I looked through.
Still thinking!
Get what you want, people will complain but you n the end it is what you want. I have setup an Athlon Ares BTR Gen1 for my Grandson, it is very clear glass, and tracking is spot on. That is the two main things you want in your scope, and if they have Lifetime Warranty, that sweetened the deal. I have went out and purchased an Arken SH4J 6-24x50 last month, they had a sale and cost me 299.00 I figured for a shop scope, that should work fine. The glass is very clear, it is Japanese glass and made in China, it states on the box Guaranteed Tracking. I have not taken it out and verified yet, but they have a lifetime warranty. Good luck on your search enjoy it, unfortunately, dang near everything we have in the US is China manufactured, or some type of foreign manufacturing.

The china origin would be a deal breaker for me, hands down. The company (supposedly US owned) is deceitful in their advertising to not identify place of manufacture- one has to do a lot of searching to find out the TRUTHFUL info. Perhaps their upper level scope line is not made in china, but I refuse to give my money to companies that deal with china-which has their tentacles into everything we do (AKA- SPYING (as in their drones sending info back to them in real time). Funny how some salesmen rationalize that most components come from china anyway, so what's the big deal. Well every dollar we send them is less money for American workers and non-hostile countries workers-while much of the money going to china goes to the CCP.
Warranty? Well aren't Weavers, Bushnell, some Vortec, and other lifetime warranty scopes made over there. You can see how well that's working out for us -no repair -just replace with newer models that are far inferior to the original.

Yeah I am a standard plex so a lot of the newer scope manufacturers don't offer them so I won't even look at there products. I try to get US made . I was mad when Zeiss got ride of the conquest hd5 us made to go to the v4 . I think the HD is a better scope

Been looking and feel this is the best choice for me.
Any comments welcome as I am still thinking!
Athlon makes some good scopes! I have several and happy with all of them. I don't have that specific model but an Ares ETR and it does everything I need it to do with zero issues. They also have great customer service if there ever is a problem.

The new Arken has Japanese glass and much cheaper. Dont know how the glass compares as ive never looked threw a Ares but the Arkens track perfectly!
MachV I took my 6.5 Grendel with an Arken on it to the range when I saw this scope on a friends rifle.The Arken is not bad but not as clear and sharp as the Athlon,also not quite as heavy I think.Still I love my Arken and will get another one day,I'm still on the fence.

Still thinking!
This is what I'm talking about, better scope, better company, no Chi Coms.