Help me decide on my next scope

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
I agree wholeheartedly what works for you may not work for me.:). Here in Wisconsin I shoot a lot of my deer running at 100 yards or so while doing drives or deer that have been kicked up by other hunters . So to me low power is 3 or 4 x. Out west I have shot deer and elk at 300+ yards and the last elk I shot was at 50 yards.

Out in the open at 50 yards I'm OK with the 5X, close timber is a different story. 4X is my absolute max at the low end in close timbers. My Veracity is 4-20 but it's on a rifle that has 30" barrel + MB rifle so that's out of the question for timber too. :cool:

brant89

Well, I think I have decided on the Viper HS LR 4-16x50 FFP. I went and compared it to the Nightforce SHV FFP at Cabela's and I didn't notice much of a difference in reticle visibility at the low end of magnification. So that, plus the fact that the Nightforce is 10oz heavier, and I found a sweet deal on a refurbished Viper for about 1/3 the cost of the Nightforce I cant really resist. The optical clarity of the Viper was about on par with my PST 6-24x50's, I didn't notice any clarity issues. Also, Travis at Vortex (super helpful guy, awesome service) confirmed that I can get the 1/2MOA turret swapped for a 1/4MOA turret for $75 if I don't like the 1/2MOA. I'm going to pick it up tonight if it is still available. I'm sure I've disappointed a few of you with my decision, but I did weigh out most of the options you guys threw out there, but this scope just seems like the right fit for me. Thanks for all the input guys!