Help choosing next scope for my new rig!

i'm over the 90% mark on selling the swaro (no turrets found yet)on yes,the 5.5x22x50 or 56 nxs np-r2 absolutely with nf rings and bases looks good.will look at ior though

Well I guess this one has went as far as it's going so I will thank everyone that replied and voted for your help and suggestions. I have some looking to do now and a big decision to make. Thanks to all of you for your help!!

Would like input, as everyone goes through this and lots of shopping/research manhours out there, I'm sure....

Going through the scope choosing game again for a new rifle. About as hard as deciding on the rifle for those of us who are cost conscious! Going on a 7mm RM. Ranges 100 - 1000 yards. Would like to keep it under $550 (inched up there from $350, ugh).

I'd like to use windage/elevation adjustments sometimes, but also like holdover hashmarks of some kind. The Nikon BDC system works very well for elevation but lacks hashmarks for windage.

I have a Lupe Vari II 3-9x40 which has nice optics but plain duplex reticle and the zoom control almost takes vice grips to turn. Assuming all leupolds are not like this so they should fix if sent back with their lifetime warranty. Just too busy to unmount and send it...PIA. Turrets ok with adjustable Zero pointer but no marks on reticle make holdovers mere guesswork. Tactical or target turrets would help that situation if they have them for a plain Vari II.

Also have a Nikon Monarch 4x16 BDC which I love except no adjustable Zero pointer, so they lack in the turret dept unless you buy optional custom turrets. But the customs are not explained well on their site. I want Zero return MOAs, not customized to my load/altitude/etc. I shoot significantly different loads from all guns and don't want a custom $100 turret for each load, never mind the altitude differences. Also no windage hash marks on BDC reticle. Still, considering another 4-16x42 or better 5-20x44. Does anybody have more info on their turret offerings on either of these scopes.

Vortex - More expensive than the Nikon and they do have windage hash marks but I'm unsure about their turret arrangement on PA / PST model...looks like Zero Stop only on HS model and above...much more $ than Nikon 5-20x. the Vortex HS 4-16 is $70 more than the Nikon 5-20 BDC. I'd rather have the extra magnification than windage hashmarks.

Millet? A lot of bang for your buck but don't know much about them from users. Do their optics compare with Nikon, Leupold, or NX? Are they sturdy? Do they reliably return to Zero?

Advice welcome!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.