My next scope

Been looking and feel this is the best choice for me.
Any comments welcome as I am still thinking!
It looks like that Athlon is around $850 retail? Here's the Burris at around the same price. I'd look at some of the demo Vortex PST Gen2. Or if a veteran use the LE/MIL/ veteran pricing on Vortex. https://www.eurooptic.com/Burris-Xt...m-Non-Illum-SCR-MIL-XT-100-MAD-Windage-M.aspx

LucDog did you have any problems with them?
What did you replace them with?
Old Rooster

No problems at all with them. Great optics and if you read barbourcreek's posts on them, you'll see they are a lot of scope for the money.

I went with Vortex Razors currently

Pretty sure I've settled on this as my next one. Made in Japan at LOW, Schott glass, apparently tracks well. For ~ $1K.

I have owned an Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15. I thought it compared well to the Vortex Viper PST G2 3-15x. The Athlon's only weakness was the reticle was too fat and optical quality at the edge was a bit worse. Otherwise it seemed comparable and a few bucks cheaper. I went with the Vortex and have been very happy with it.

I also have a Tract Toric 4-20x which is better in every way.

That said, the Vortex is a more than capable aiming device everywhere I have used it. Even without locking turrets, they are never shifted in the field unless I adjust them.

I suspect the Ares would be fine, if you are ok with the reticle and it's Chinese heritage.

I have owned an Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15. I thought it compared well to the Vortex Viper PST G2 3-15x. The Athlon's only weakness was the reticle was too fat and optical quality at the edge was a bit worse. Otherwise it seemed comparable and a few bucks cheaper. I went with the Vortex and have been very happy with it.

I also have a Tract Toric 4-20x which is better in every way.

That said, the Vortex is a more than capable aiming device everywhere I have used it. Even without locking turrets, they are never shifted in the field unless I adjust them.

I suspect the Ares would be fine, if you are ok with the reticle and it's Chinese heritage.
Is your Athlon a gen 1 or gen 2?