My long winded thoughts on annealing

Things are only as complicated as you want to make it. And making things complicated wouldn't be a way I personally would find as a way to make myself feel better lol. I'm I guy that appreciates diving into the intricacies of things. I find it interesting. It actually makes things LESS complicated since I understand it more by doing so.

Equipment like the AMP literally takes out any guesswork and complexity out of the process lol. It's expensive, sure, and it's 100% not for everyone.

I made this post simply to share some thoughts and experiences. If it was too complex for some, it maybe should have been ignored 🤷🏼‍♂️. If comments made here got complicated, that's just the direction it went I guess.

Annealing, in general, is definitely not a complicated process and depending on the particular person and their particular needs, it's not even something they need to even concern themselves with. For others, it's something they may really want to do and they may want to get the very most from it they can. To each their own. It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round, right?

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with any of my statements made. I only intended on sharing some thoughts and sparking some good conversation. I think there was definitely some of that mixed in here. That said, maybe this post has run its course. If I knew how to turn off commenting, I would.

I've definitely learned annealing and copper bullets are two touchy subject in this forum 😂. Any others I should avoid 😉?

Happy new year all!
Keep doing your thing, man. There is the "why" and the "how" of doing things. They don't both need be connected to get something done. Though understanding both is beneficial.

Naw man, either pick something and run with it, or just don't do it. If that works for you go for it. Stand by what you do and why it works for you. We're not all trying to do the exact same thing, and half the arguments come from applying our personal logic to other people's different situations instead of looking at what they're doing.

If look at enough of what I say, some of it seems contradictory - weight sorting sucks and doesn't matter, hey weight sort your cases, seems like it doesn't make any sense right? But it's because the person asking the question is in a different situation and what works for him won't work for someone else.

We can buy 87 types of hot sauce at the Wal Mart for a reason... because when something is important we all get to have opinions about it.

Sherman cases and primer seating tools tend to inflame the passions as well 🤣
Yeah. My feeling aren't hurt. I've been hunting, shooting, and reloading for many years now, and started my own ammosmithing business and I'm not at all insecure in what I'm doing and what I believe in. Social media is a funny place.

I can absolutely imagine Sherman cases and primer seating tools are definitely touchy subjects too lol. I'm sure case trimming frequency, brass sizing methods, sorting brass, sorting bullets, load development methods, etc, etc are all touchy as well.

I'm sure some heads might explode if they saw my bench and all the tools and equipment lol. But I can also show you the old Lyman Truline Jr I started on 20+ years ago and the MEC shotgun reloaders. I've only gotten deep into the fancy equipment and tools the last 10 or so years, and mostly only in the last 5 or so since it's boomed into what it is now. Being a tax write off definitely helps lol.

Like I said in the video, I can spew numbers at you all day but there is no need, Folks like to complicate it to make themselves feel better I reckon
That was my point. I'm not confused in the least.
I watched you video Bean and that's the way I'm gonna go.
I don't d need ads's $1500 machine nor do I want BFD's $1200 special.
And I surely don't need any factory ammo unless I buy it for the brass.
This thread for the most part has been like a bunch of teenagers, "mine is better than yours"
Points were well made for each method. Then over a hundred post putting down the other. And I had no problem with that until some wants to tell me what I need to buy an what I should do. To each their own.

That was my point. I'm not confused in the least.
I watched you video Bean and that's the way I'm gonna go.
I don't d need ads's $1500 machine nor do I want BFD's $1200 special.
And I surely don't need any factory ammo unless I buy it for the brass.
This thread for the most part has been like a bunch of teenagers, "mine is better than yours"
Points were well made for each method. Then over a hundred post putting down the other. And I had no problem with that until some wants to tell me what I need to buy an what I should do. To each their own.
Indeed! Do what's best for you. Take any information, recommendations, and advice for what it's worth to you. I'm definitely not trying to sell anything here. I really don't know why things get destructive like they tend to with certain posts. I try my best to stay civil. 👍🏻

The way I look at it. You start out with one method. Then you start to up grade. You stop up grading when you feel you don't need/want anymore, or spend anymore. I have an Annealeeze for now. It's doing the job. Sometime in the future, I would love an AMP. Will I get one. I need/want other things before it.

The way I look at it. You start out with one method. Then you start to up grade. You stop up grading when you feel you don't need/want anymore, or spend anymore. I have an Annealeeze for now. It's doing the job. Sometime in the future, I would love an AMP. Will I get one. I need/want other things before it.
That's how I see it too. And that's what I said in the post. I started with a drill and torch. I used it for years. Never saw an issue with it. I built a simple device after that to spin the brass and put the flame at a consistent distance from the flame and get the timing more consistent too. When the Annealeez first came out, I got one as an upgrade to my setup. I really liked. I did find it a pain in the but thought to switch to a different cartridge and back and forth after a while. I helped a few friends build their own automated torch annealer setups, and even a couple different GinaErick induction setups, and was about to build my own when I found a good deal on a Fluxeon Annie and got one of them instead. It was a HUGE upgrade to any torch setup I've used and I rigged it up to make it extremely easy to change back and forth from different cartridges. The AMP was just the next upgrade and a way to also remove any remaining guesswork out of it. My time is precious and I wanted the best for my customers and also increase my efficiency. I have an AMP Mate and case feeder setup as well so I can automate my annealing and allow me to do other things in the shop. It's something I missed about the Annealeez, but now it's even better lol. I also have an AMP Mate for my Giraud trimmer so I can automate my trimming too, which is amazing lol.

Anyway, my point is that I agree. It was about progression and upgrading mostly for me. Not about trying to overcomplicate anything, that's for sure.

I've looked at the Annie as my next step. But I figured I might as well cry once and get the AMP when I can afford it.
If you're looking at an Annie, you might as well look at the GinaErick annealer. I built one 4 years ago and learned a ton. Did some fancy stuff with mine though using ardiunos. It was also how I figured out how AMPs software detects the melting point of the brass.

If you're looking at an Annie, you might as well look at the GinaErick annealer. I built one 4 years ago and learned a ton. Did some fancy stuff with mine though using ardiunos. It was also how I figured out how AMPs software detects the melting point of the brass.
Building one definitely offers more to learn, plus a great sense of accomplishment and pride. The Annie is a nice option if you lack the time or aren't very mechanically inclined. Time is always an issue for me lol.

Building one definitely offers more to learn, plus a great sense of accomplishment and pride. The Annie is a nice option if you lack the time or aren't very mechanically inclined. Time is always an issue for me lol.
I had a lot of free time back then. It was great while it lasted. 😂

Just read the thread on the Annie. They have a long back log of orders.