My long winded thoughts on annealing

It's not opinion, but fact. Are you holding the brass in the same exact spot every time? You're not. are you taking the brass out of the flame at the exact same time every time? Again, you're not. Annealers like the Bench Source and Annealeeze do just that.
One could even argue that unless the tank pressure is exactly the same every session and the nozzle(s) pointed the sand place and distance on the cases, and nozzles never sputter, you won't get the exact same result each time with the Bench Source, Annealeez, etc either. They're still much better that other methods though, I'll agree.

To become a fact, you'd have to take the several sets of brass and do a metallurgical analyses and engineering testing. Until then it is an opinion. And now it is time to stop following this thread! It is no longer educational!
Thank you. You all have a good evening
Talking to an engineer and someone who has worked with Vickers Hardness testers. You'd don't need to run metallurgy tests to determine that using a bench source is more consistent than using a drill socket.

To become a fact, you'd have to take the several sets of brass and do a metallurgical analyses and engineering testing. Until then it is an opinion. And now it is time to stop following this thread! It is no longer educational!
Thank you. You all have a good evening
I agree. Lots of arguing going on and exchanging of opinions and misinformation. Not a dig at anyone in particular, just a general statement. That said, there can still sometimes be something gained from discussions, even if there are arguments involved. It's a fine line lol.

One could even argue that unless the tank pressure is exactly the same every session and the nozzle(s) pointed the sand place and distance on the cases, and nozzles never sputter, you won't get the exact same result each time with the Bench Source, Annealeez, etc either. They're still much better that other methods though, I'll agree.
At least it will be consistent for that batch. Some folks do run regulators on their tanks to aid with pressure.

Talking to an engineer and someone who has worked with Vickers Hardness testers. You'd don't need to run metallurgy tests to determine that using a bench source is more consistent than using a drill socket.
****ing contest! I have two engineering degrees and I am a Registered Professional Engineer! That's a fact! You are still expressing opinions!

****ing contest! I have two engineering degrees and I am a Registered Professional Engineer! That's a fact! You are still expressing opinions!
Then, I incline you to read the following research.

Timing is everything when annealing 70/30 brass.

Then, I incline you to read the following research.

Timing is everything when annealing 70/30 brass.
I can use your logic and say you should not hand load, because an automated machine is more consistent!
Are you an engineer or have an engineering degree? There is a difference!

I can use your logic and say you should not hand load, because an automated machine is more consistent!
Are you an engineer or have an engineering degree? There is a difference!
A bench source or annealeeze keep the flame location and timing the same. A drill socket and you judging where its at and when to take it out of the flame does not. If the location of the flame and timing is important, which it is, it should be pretty easy as an engineer to distinguish which method will give more consistent results.

A bench source or annealeeze keep the flame location and timing the same. A drill socket and you judging where its at and when to take it out of the flame does not. If the location of the flame and timing is important, which it is, it should be pretty easy as an engineer to distinguish which method will give more consistent results.
So what you are saying, you are NOT an engineer!

So what you are saying is I am not an engineer!
There I fixed it for you. If you can not comprehend that the drill socket is inconsistent when compared to a bench source with two of the most important factors when annealling, timing and heat location in this instance, then I'm afraid you are not the engineer.

There I fixed it for you. If you can not comprehend that the drill socket is inconsistent when compared to a bench source with two of the most important factors when annealling, timing and heat location, then I'm afraid you are not the engineer.
Simple question you refuse to answer! So, do not say you are an engineer, it is illegal in all 59 states, unless you are actually licensed/registered! I am!