My home made annealer. Thoughts?

I built my own several years ago based on a thread I found on 68forums. Turned out great...I originally had the dual wheel/dual speed control setup, but that was a pain to get the two wheels synchronized so I eliminated the speed controller on the feed wheel (black plastic delrin) and ran an inductive proximity sensor to control that. Basically, it makes sure that there is always a case waiting to drop into the annealing wheel, and shuts off the feed wheel once that happens. As soon as the round in front of the proximity sensor drops into the annealing wheel, it feeds another case. I made two different sizes of feed wheels, and three different depths of annealing wheels and I can do anything from .223 to .300WM. Works flawlessly.

Attachments

• IMG_3734.JPG
    IMG_3734.JPG
    304.3 KB · Views: 52
Read somewhere to anneal in a fairly dark room. The writer said to pull the heat off just before the brass glows. I have used that method for a few hundred rounds and have yet to see a problem doing it that way. Be aware that each brand of brass reaches max temp at different times so sorting by make is needed. No idea if it's right but it works for me.

I built my own several years ago based on a thread I found on 68forums. Turned out great...I originally had the dual wheel/dual speed control setup, but that was a pain to get the two wheels synchronized so I eliminated the speed controller on the feed wheel (black plastic delrin) and ran an inductive proximity sensor to control that. Basically, it makes sure that there is always a case waiting to drop into the annealing wheel, and shuts off the feed wheel once that happens. As soon as the round in front of the proximity sensor drops into the annealing wheel, it feeds another case. I made two different sizes of feed wheels, and three different depths of annealing wheels and I can do anything from .223 to .300WM. Works flawlessly.
Similar to mine but I still use the 2 timers-- yea they are kinda a pia-- I like your idea for the proximity sensor. I got my build sheet from 68forums too.