My first full custom

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by mountainman56, Sep 7, 2015.

1. mountainman56

mountainman56 Well-Known Member

My first full custom chambered in 300 Win Mag. Stiller TAC-300 action, Bartlein #3 finished at 25" plus one of Ryan's slabbed mini magnum muscle brakes. Wrapped it up in a McMillan Edge carbon fiber stock and hammer drops thanks to a Jewel trigger set at 20oz. Barrel, action, bottom metal, rings and bases finished in NWU gray and is topped off with a Swarovski 3.5 - 18.

Attached target is at 100 yards with factory Federal ammunition.

Attached Files:

2. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

This is done right isn't it. Very nice. What does it weigh and who built it?

3. ShtrRdy

ShtrRdy Well-Known Member

Dang, that is nice! Looks like a sweet rifle!

What length barrel did you end up with?

4. mountainman56

mountainman56 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for your kind comments.

Barrelnut, the rifle weighs 9.2 lbs and balances quite nicely. I actually built it myself. I've been gradually working up to this one for a while. I plan on doing this full time after I retire to keep my backside off the couch. :)

ShtrRdy, The barrel itself is 25" long and the brake adds another 1 1/4" to the total length.

5. Doublezranch

Doublezranch Well-Known Member

Looks like a masterpiece. Anything worth doing, is worth doing right. Learning the trade, trial and error, blood, sweat, and tears. I applaud you for the time it took to put this together. Your craftsmanship has certainly paid off. Nice rig.

Now, get some blood on her!!

6. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

I applaud your component choices. You ended up with a very classy, but functional rifle, capable of tackling most of what we want a rifle to do.