My Daughter Kills a Brute

What's up with the scenery? Is that a timber harvest area?

That is a once in a lifetime buck right there. Absolutely amazing!! Great job!

She used her 6.5SLR I rebuilt for her. She has killed everything except two of her elk with it.
No buck fever. I think it happened too fast. About 60 seconds from glassing him up to being down for the count. Although, after the shot, she still got the adrenaline shakes. I did too, to be honest. I still get the rush every time.
View attachment 159806

I say this every time but your pictures are awesome!! What a great pic!!

I say this every time but your pictures are awesome!! What a great pic!!
Thanks. Samsung makes some great cameras in their phones. And...my daughter is very photogenic. Unfortunately, I always want to get at least one shot in there with me too, that ruins the bunch.

Yes, the area is a huge burn area thanks to the USFS in all their wisdom from a "controlled burn" during a drought that got away from them back in 2006 that burned thousands of acres. You should see it in the spring/summer/fall. Tons of catclaw and aspen that are impenetrable to both foot traffic and optics. Before 06, it was a beautiful Ponderosa/Piñon/Juniper forest that held tons more game.

My 17 year old daughter drew a great AZ tag this year. A 10 day hunt turned into a 90 minute hunt on opening day in the blink of an eye. 1 minute after glassing up this buck, he was down. 454 yards, quartering away, one shot, like flipping off a switch.
She now has biggest buck in the family.
31" inside spread, 33.25" outside spread, 196 6/8" green gross.

View attachment 159650
View attachment 159651
View attachment 159654
View attachment 159653
View attachment 159655
View attachment 159652

That... is one handsome buck! Congrats

My 17 year old daughter drew a great AZ tag this year. A 10 day hunt turned into a 90 minute hunt on opening day in the blink of an eye. 1 minute after glassing up this buck, he was down. 454 yards, quartering away, one shot, like flipping off a switch.

View attachment 159650
View attachment 159651
View attachment 159654
View attachment 159653
View attachment 159655
View attachment 159652
WOW!

View attachment 159650
View attachment 159651
View attachment 159654
View attachment 159653
View attachment 159655
View attachment 159652
WOW!!!

That is such a Great deer I called my non hunting wife in to see it!
She was impressed!.
For the last 15 years or so I haven't shot an antlered buck. Health issues limit
my time hunting so I wack does for the freezer lots easier and eat 'em all year!
BUT a buck like this one might force my hand!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.