2013 youth tag hunt video with my daughter

308 nate

Here in ND, youth have to be 14 before they can shoot their first buck with a rifle. My daughter has harvested two does the previous two youth seasons so she was excited to see that "any deer tag" arrive in the mail!

I finished building their (meaning my 12yr.son and 14yr.old daughter, they both had youth tags. My son could only shoot a doe. that's another good story I'll have to post later)
rifle the night before opening day. They each put about 10 rounds on the steel plates at 3&600 yds. these kids are naturals behind a rifle! they have been shooting BB guns and .22's since they were 6. so back to the hunt. It was about our third time out scouting around for a nice shooter. We had spotted these bucks the evening before as they were moving out to feed. Light was starting to get low so we decided to wait until morning I had a hunch they would be moving back up into these buffalo berry bushes.
Sure enough they were there at first light. we were set up for a 400 yd. shot and she was very close to taking a shot, but the one she was after moved into the bushes a little to soon. We had to wait until they were all out of sight and then make about a 200 yd. stalk. They were just behind some bushes in a draw, so we decided to wait about 200 yds. out for them to show themselves after waiting about 5 minutes this is where the video picks up.

Way to go Jessica!!

Straight Shot Gunsmithing

forgot I didn't have this on my you tube and it's been awhile since I have uploaded anything and it's late...I'll try to embed it in the A.M but here is a link to the video.

Last edited:
The moral of the story....Don't get caught with your pants down!:D
Thanks Royinidaho! been a long time since I have been on here....Obama has been good for business :)
I have always enjoyed your comments and posts. In fact when I was putting this on I asked my wife " I wonder if royinidaho is still on LRH"

Yep, I'm still here. . .

I'll be here till the last cow comes home. The herd is smaller but still plenty out there.

I'm especially enthused by the "family" thing that you and yours represent. Keep doin' those kinds of things.

God speed!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B1suT4Sfsg&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube[/ame]
I didn't get a chance to embed the video before it wouldn't allow me to edit anymore. Thanks for the comments.
I sure do love hunting with my kids!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.