michigan youth whitetail hunt my sons long shoot

enigma

This was my son last youth whitetail deer hunt in Michigan he's 16 years old and will be to old next year.Well we were out hunting in our shack on a hill that over looks a field of radishes, we saw some small bucks and doe's . in the evening and at just alitttle over 400 yards 5 bucks walk out one look to have a bigger body and heavier rank i saw though my bin's i told my son he looked thought his scope at it and said I would like to shoot that one dad but he thought it was to far. I said son you could take that deer if you listen to me on how to shoot it, He said ok I told him what to do. I was videoing the shot so he shot hit the buck right in the heart. It ran about 60 yards or so and was died . that was his longest shot to date . his other long shot was 300 yards his first youth hunt he did. both were 8 points but this one had a heavier rack . the shots on u-tube its call A shot of a life time for a young mans youth hunt 400 yards. He was using a 7mm-08 with a 24 inch barrel
and shooting hornady superpormance 139gr sst. I would of liked him to of used my hand loads but I can't find any winchester brass so the factory ammo that shoots best is the hornady

Last edited:
Sorry about the dirty window on the shack.This site has really help me with my shooting and my son to thank you guys. I know its not the long range shots some people do on here but for us 400 to just over 600 yards is long range for us thanks again for the help

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.