My Dad Smokes a Whitetail at 1020 Yards

Shawn i will have to chat with him about it when he come's to pick up the stickers for you, great shot Bob.

It is a public land buck and an Idaho buck in the Clearwater area. My dad built the rifle and spent most of the summer getting all dialed in. It does take a little effort and time but the rewards can be big if you are prepared to go long. Thanks to all, I'll relay the congrats to my dad.

He caught him getting a little snack and checking a scrape along the edge of a brush patch. The 15th - 25th of November is the window I really look hard at.

Shawn,

I apologize for not responding sooner, When I got back from my Canada big game hunt, your post had already moved to the bottom of the page and I missed it.

Tell your Dad congrats, that is a fine whitetail and a great shot!!! Somehow you have to get over there and hunt with them. I would love to do that again someday. We both have more time on our hands then we know what to do with!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, congrats to your Dad and sorry for not responding sooner and missing your post.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.