My CSR .338 Edge is in!!

Finally got to shoot out to 1k. Wind was variable from 3-8mph and it would switch from straight away and then would switch to full value coming from 9:00 or anywhere in between. Being a novice that really messed with me especially in the lower areas where the wind seemed to funnel around the 750-850 yard mark and it was harder to hit than 1050.

After shooting at 700, 850, 970, and 1050. I put this info into Ballistic AE and it trued the velocity from 2735 to 2814 fps. I was almost 2 MOA high at 1050. That put it real close at 1k and 1050. I was busting the 1K steel silhouette just about every shot. Below I have 2 - 2 shots groups at 970 and 1050. Yes I was shooting 2 shot "groups" to save shoulder and money.

My 11 year was nailing the 500 yard targets with his braked .308 savage.

BTW how large is the standard steel human silhouette? It seemed like it was 16"x24" or maybe 18"x24" but I forgot to measure it.

Great shooting, which one is the rifle? Please post a photo.

My buddy also just got his from CSR and it's also a hammer.

This has to be a mistake!!!!! Haven't you read on the net that these big recoiling 338's are not as accurate from all that recoil. They simply can't be it is said. But then that does usually come from guys that never shoot them and hate brakes. They like smaller calibers for reasons they have developed from there experience of not shooting a good 338. So this must be a total fluke,,,, but wait,,,, your 300 yard pics look like they were running in the .3 ~ .4's. Hmmmmmm, ok, you have the only one,,, yeah, that's it.lightbulb

Nice shooting and enjoy that new hammer, there is no substitute for cubic inches and raw horse power.

Jeff

Sweet looking rifle and very nice shooting Scott! I just got 100 rounds down my new edge from CRS as well. Jim does awesome work!

Doug

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.