My Alaskan Adventure

Had an absolutely epic trip up in alaska. Huge shout out to the man Aaron DeRose with Dillinger River Outfitters, Peter Barela @Jordan_Whatley, and Kyle Ayres. You guys always go above and beyond. This one was for the books. I got to cross off my number one bucket list hunt since I was a kid. Coastal brown bear. First 5 days we had quite a bit of rain. My rain gear from CANIS performed awesome. Lightweight, comfortable, tough and kept me dry. The knee pads were a great feature on them as well since we were in rocky and gravely sand. I shot a huge male wolf the 2nd night at 75 yds. We saw some bears but the big one didn't stick around long enough to get a crack at him. 6 days into the hunt this bruiser stepped out a couple minutes after we got settled down into our hiding spot on the bank. He stepped out into the tall grass but we couldn't get a good read or shot on him since he went back into the alders pretty quick. We had seen he had a big pumpkin head on him and were pretty sure he was a shooter. As soon as he stepped out into the river at 150 yds a few minutes later we instantly knew he was a shooter. Jordan howled at him and he instantly turned towards us and stopped. First shot from the 300 Norma improved and 230 Berger's destroyed his vitals. The second shot wasn't necessary but was a good insurance policy. We got up to him and realized quick he was an ancient bear. Teeth worn down the the gums and only having one good canine tooth left. Scars all over this old warrior showed he'd had some serious battles in his day. The lady at the fish and game department told us she'd never seen a bear with teeth this worn down. We scored him at 28 1/8" skull and 9 foot 3 inches squared. Combine this with his age and he's truly a once in a lifetime trophy. We caught a pile of salmon as well and my fillet knife from Wayne Meligan performed flawlessly. Still amazed at how this trip turned out.

Rifle specs:
Borden Bigfoot w DLC
Proof Research 1.250 shank in 300 NMI
Tbac dominus sr suppressor
Manners eh1 w elite cheek piece
Hawkins DBM and accurate mag
Tangent Theta 3-15 marksman
MDT Lightweight Double Pull Bipod
230 Berger otm at 3000 fps w n568

link to youtube video

Huge shoutout to my amazing wife Jodi Pierce for allowing me to chase my dreams and holding down the fort at home.

View attachment 399850View attachment 399851View attachment 399852View attachment 399853View attachment 399854View attachment 399855View attachment 399856View attachment 399857View attachment 399858View attachment 399859

My goodness, his teeth!!! Amazing, well done!

Had an absolutely epic trip up in alaska. Huge shout out to the man Aaron DeRose with Dillinger River Outfitters, Peter Barela @Jordan_Whatley, and Kyle Ayres. You guys always go above and beyond. This one was for the books. I got to cross off my number one bucket list hunt since I was a kid. Coastal brown bear. First 5 days we had quite a bit of rain. My rain gear from CANIS performed awesome. Lightweight, comfortable, tough and kept me dry. The knee pads were a great feature on them as well since we were in rocky and gravely sand. I shot a huge male wolf the 2nd night at 75 yds. We saw some bears but the big one didn't stick around long enough to get a crack at him. 6 days into the hunt this bruiser stepped out a couple minutes after we got settled down into our hiding spot on the bank. He stepped out into the tall grass but we couldn't get a good read or shot on him since he went back into the alders pretty quick. We had seen he had a big pumpkin head on him and were pretty sure he was a shooter. As soon as he stepped out into the river at 150 yds a few minutes later we instantly knew he was a shooter. Jordan howled at him and he instantly turned towards us and stopped. First shot from the 300 Norma improved and 230 Berger's destroyed his vitals. The second shot wasn't necessary but was a good insurance policy. We got up to him and realized quick he was an ancient bear. Teeth worn down the the gums and only having one good canine tooth left. Scars all over this old warrior showed he'd had some serious battles in his day. The lady at the fish and game department told us she'd never seen a bear with teeth this worn down. We scored him at 28 1/8" skull and 9 foot 3 inches squared. Combine this with his age and he's truly a once in a lifetime trophy. We caught a pile of salmon as well and my fillet knife from Wayne Meligan performed flawlessly. Still amazed at how this trip turned out.

Rifle specs:
Borden Bigfoot w DLC

link to youtube video

Huge shoutout to my amazing wife Jodi Pierce for allowing me to chase my dreams and holding down the fort at home.

View attachment 399850View attachment 399851View attachment 399852View attachment 399853View attachment 399854View attachment 399855View attachment 399856View attachment 399857View attachment 399858View attachment 399859

What a hunt! Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Rifle specs:
Borden Bigfoot w DLC

link to youtube video

out standing Sir nice hunt Alaska has it all

congrats to you, and I am sure you honestly did that big bear a favor, as odds are the future for him wasn't going to be a kind quick passing as you gave it!

and Alaska is a place all hunters should visit at least once IMO< even if NOT hunting, so many sights to see, its worth the trip on that alone !~ hunting there is just a a bonus!