Alaskan Kodiak

Just returned from SW Alaska taking a Kodiak Brown Bear.After dogging this guy for a mile he stalled over the backside of a ridge eating berries bringing me to a 15 yard standoff, in a mili second he turned broadside, taking out both shoulders with a 375 ruger dropping him, with a follow up shot to seal the deal. What a rush. Alaska Fish & Game has preliminary aged the bear at 24-28 years old, with a B&C skull,10' squared, weighing apprx. 900+pounds, ranking him in the top 1% of the Kodiaks harvested in Alaska this year in age and skull size.
DSC02390.jpg

DSC02360.jpg

DSC02407.jpg

Just returned from SW Alaska taking a Kodiak Brown Bear.After dogging this guy for a mile he stalled over the backside of a ridge eating berries bringing me to a 15 yard standoff, in a mili second he turned broadside, taking out both shoulders with a 375 ruger dropping him, with a follow up shot to seal the deal. What a rush. Alaska Fish & Game has preliminary aged the bear at 24-28 years old, with a B&C skull,10' squared, weighing apprx. 900+pounds, ranking him in the top 1% of the Kodiaks harvested in Alaska this year in age and skull size.
DSC02390.jpg

DSC02360.jpg

DSC02407.jpg
he's a big'n. Nice harvest. I imagine at his age and the condition of his teeth, he was tired of living. Awesome timely harvest.