My 2018 hunting opportunities ...

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by FEENIX, Aug 10, 2018 at 8:51 PM.

1. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Over the counter antelope doe/fawn tags are available on Monday. :cool:

Tidus56 and Rum Man like this.
  2. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

Man, you must have 50 bucks tied up in all of that! :D

FEENIX likes this.
  3. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

I drew a buck tag and doe tag this year for the Cascades and a cow elk tag that runs from February to March 2019.

Will probably pick up over the counter bear and cougar tags just to help out the Oregon state employee retirement fund....

HARPERC and FEENIX like this.
  4. Aoudad shooter1975

Aoudad shooter1975 Well-Known Member

Dang mine not that nice--- NM Antelope 3,000...ugh...but I like to hunt antelope..
    Axis/Blackbuck--free if they will stand long enough for me or the kiddos
    Whitetail deer (3 bucks and a bunch of does--MLD permit)
    Aoudad ram--usually take one ram a year--maybe just help a friend hunt there first.
    Hogs and Coyote--anytime I can happen on one.

I didn't draw my much wanted bighorn sheep tag--11 years almost everywhere--CO,NM, WY,NV,OR,UT,AZ,MT...hopefully one day that will come true--...then I am a "stones" throw away! :) Didn't do so hot on a mule deer draw either.

FEENIX likes this.
  5. RockyMtnMT

RockyMtnMT Official LRH Sponsor

No antelope tags here. Was able to pick up a surplus cow tag in the Breaks. Did drawa trophy mule deer in the missions. Once in a lifetime. Everything else is over the counter. Just needs to start raining so we can start hunting muleys on Sept 15. If the weather doesn't break it is very possible they will shut the woods down.

Steve

HARPERC and FEENIX like this.
  6. adk hunter

adk hunter Active Member

My friend from Whitefish drew a cow tag in the breaks last year. I came out to share the adventure. Great time. ZERO elk let alone "surplus cows" it had been crazy dry too and no browse=0 elk I guess. We were hunting above the CR. One guy had a bull pegged from early scouting and that was it in the entire campground. It was also 60 and windy. Gave the ride back thru Glacier new meaning for beauty with the snow on the peaks and fall color blazing around the lake. Hope the elk have wandered back for you Steve.

RockyMtnMT and FEENIX like this.
  7. matt_3479

matt_3479 Well-Known Member

Darn not looking to bad. Only drew my antlerless deer tag and buck tag, and bull moose tag this year. Next year will be better I think.

FEENIX likes this.
  8. Rum Man

Rum Man Active Member

I'm loaded up with tags this year too !
    Thanks Montana , if I can get feeling better by season the freezer should be full for us and both daughters !!
    I agree on the rain , took a ride to Zoo town yesterday and its dry as my eyes could see everywhere . The smoke was terrible also .

FEENIX likes this.
  9. Rum Man

Rum Man Active Member

FEENIX ..just look at your list again , I better get my Mt.lion and a few wolf tags almost forgot !
    Thanks !! Best of luck to you this fall !

FEENIX likes this.
  10. Gord0

Gord0 Well-Known Member

Michigan base license, which covers a lot of small critters, and my combo deer will be it for me this year :/. It does save me a lot of money though!

Rum Man likes this.
  11. Rum Man

Rum Man Active Member

GordO..spent about 6 years hunting Seney Wildlife area in the U.P. shot some decent Bucks but never the the big Swamp Monster !
    Good luck this Fall !!

Gord0 likes this.
  12. Target Tamers

Target Tamers Official LRH Sponsor

Awesome! Can I come? LOL! Happy Hunting!

FEENIX likes this.