Muzzle break

Another vote for Muzzle Brakes & More. I recently received one of Nathan's 4 port Beast brakes and I really like it.

I have the same brake awaiting install on my .264 WM ...

4-port beast brake.jpg

@FEENIX
Very nice, Sir! I like the finish on that one. Mine went on a Ruger American Predator chambered in.358 Winchester that was NOT pleasant shoot. The 4 port beast tamed it down to .22-250 standards. Pretty fun to shoot now! :D

Another vote for muzzle brake and more. Just watch the videos Nathan has made. I've got one on my 300 win mag. It's sexy

One that I'm super happy with is the JP recoil eliminator (tank brake). I've not seen much mention of it but it works. I have one on my .300WM and it works well enough that I don't lose the target on 16x @ 100 yards. I have been shooting this .300win for about 2 months, then went back to my .308 and realized how well it actually works. My non braked 15lb .308 has significantly more recoil than my 9lb .300.

JP gets my vote.

If as you describe your getting significant muzzle jump, a side ported will reduce the recoil, but a few upper ports will help with the jump, some side port only models with slanted ports that serve the same function but I have found a few top ports really helps on the "big dogs". 419 and APA both
are highly regarded units, and Nathan's Muzzle Brakes and More is a sponsor here on LRH also I believe, he does have a few upper ported brakes left but he's moved to slanted side ported primarily.

I had my Smith build me a full custom 7mm Practical (300WM necked to .284) some years back. He acquired a Cooper Firearms brake to match to a Lilja 30" BBL. I don't know the model name of the brake but it has two large open sided chambers reminiscent of a 50BMG brake and four top port holes (two per chamber)that can be reamed larger for muzzle rise tuning. The result is a 7mm 180gr 3056fps 12lb rifle kicking about as hard as a 22Mag. Worth looking into in my opinion.

side discharge brakes only. I have a couple from Piercision rifles, installed by axisworks in Tempe. Night and day difference. The most recent was a 3 port brake put on a sporter barrel on a 300 weatherby. It makes the rifle shootable without getting beat up.

+1 for Piercision Rifles side discharge breaks.

Check out Nathan's (Idaho CTD) muzzle brakes (not break ;):cool::D) at https://muzzlebrakesandmore.com/muzzle-brakes especially his self-indexing beast brakes and his testing comparison videos at https://muzzlebrakesandmore.com/testing-videos

Good luck!
I've got 3 Vais radial port brakes and I have 4 of Nathan's, muzzlebrskesandmore.com. 2 beasts and 2 lil beasts. I have the 5 port beast and a 5 port lil beast on the 2 338 LM that I shoot. Recoil reduction was amazing. Can see my impacts now. I have a 4 port beast on a 28 Nosler and it's very enjoyable to shoot. The 4 port lil beast on my 6.5-284 has turned that into a rim fire. I'm a pretty big fan of em and plan to ditch the Vais brakes in the future. Though they are more than adequate now, just like the side port more.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.