MT going to cut loose on wolves!!!

The "Real Deal" now is the Canadian Gray Wolf is the new carrier of death for undulates and humans. It is now well confirmed that over 60+% of the population of wolves established in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming are carriers of over 30 diseases, mostly parasitic in nature, that will infect humans with potential loss of life. We are no longer in a situation of loosing our undulates to the voracious killing by wolves predatory instincts. We are now in far greater danger of loosing our animals and our own lives to the parasitic diseases carried and released airborne through wolves' feces.
Hytadid virus is ingested into the lungs and dispearsed throughout the major organs of the human body. It manifests itself quietly and fairly symtom free for up to 20 years before errupting in the organs after it's too late to do anything. Bingo-you're dead!
I want to make sniff testers out of all of these **** wolf anti's!

Last edited:
I have to laugh at you wanna-be John Wayne type wolf slayers out there. You really show your lack of knowledge and boisterus personnas when you shout out that you are capable of killing wolves entering your states of residence. To me, it puts you in the same category of ignorance that people sending money into the anti's are in. You are ingnorant and inept!
It's far greater to remain silent and thought a fool than to open thy mouth and remove all doubt!

I had an interesting wolf encounter last week here in Western Montana. It made itself seen at close range and walked like it was injured and tail between its legs....then dissapeared in the brush. This happened while I was in my truck with my dog in back. I was at the same location with my dog on foot an hour earlier.

My guess is that it was a habitual dog killer baiting one in for the kill. My dog is female and fixed so it seems doubtful that it was in heat, using that as a lure.

I have to laugh at you wanna-be John Wayne type wolf slayers out there. You really show your lack of knowledge and boisterus personnas when you shout out that you are capable of killing wolves entering your states of residence. To me, it puts you in the same category of ignorance that people sending money into the anti's are in. You are ingnorant and inept!
It's far greater to remain silent and thought a fool than to open thy mouth and remove all doubt!
Gone Ballistic
I understand the thought, but the biggest battle in this wolf mess is the one against the misinformation the anti's have put out. In those boisterous outburst are teachable moments, you've done your share, TopGun 30-06 has put his shoulder into it, and others as well.
The lie that we'll cap their numbers at 150 animals, and they'll stay in the park, eat a few mice, and pose for pictures with Japanese tourist, hit home in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming quite awhile back. That tsunami is washing into other states now, and some folks are realizing something needs be done. SSS is the first thing that comes to mind.
The take home point for people in other states is that SSS didn't work in Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming and it won't work where you're at. There have been a few wolf threads on LRH go back and read them, or contact guys like Gone Ballistic, and Topgun 30-06 that are clear about which side their on, and get some thoughts about what you might be able to do now. Seriously though, to effectively counter the anti's lies you'll have to do the homework.
Right now we've won a few battles, but the fight's not over. New soldiers always welcome.

Coyote hunters shot a wolf here in N.W. ILL last winter. DNR confirmed it was a wolf and not a large coyote . ( duh) I have never seen a coyote that big. Anyway "nothing" has been heard about it since from the DNR.

The various Government agencies don't want to admit that the wolves have spread as far out from the Yellowstone ecosystem as they have or give a decent count. It's the same thing with the grizzlies and that will be another uphill battle to get them delisted and the numbers taken down throughout the ecosystem. They are spreading out further because an area can only sustain a certain number of a particular species and then they go out and establish themselves in other favorable areas. As long as the various courts can intervene in the control of wildlife, rather than using sound biological principles and studies, the battles will continue.

The intention of my comment is that none of us are going to be able to take enough wolves out to undo the damage they have caused and will continue to do. The only way they were finally brought down the first time was through massive use of 10-80 poison, which has been banned for years. They become extremely nocturnal after very little hunting pressure. Hunters will have a difficult time keeping their current numbers in check, if they can even do that. For one to state that their trusty Winchester willl take care of any and all wolves entering their state is boisterus at best. I've been against the introduction of the wolf ever since they started raising the first pack of them under chain-link containment 80 miles north of where I live. I come from a family of pioneer ranchers from eastern Idaho that had to deal with massave depredation of their livestock before they were erradicated the first time. Let me also state that we didn't have the Canadian Gray Wolf back then, but a much smaller Western Timber Wolf of which the count of approximately 80 animals remained within the Yellowstone Eco-System before the Canadians were released. I'm reasonably sure that the Canadian Wolf has now wiped them out to extinction. We never read or hear anything about that either.

We never read or hear anything about that either.
Interestingly. We never hear about this or hydatid or the rest of the secrets from RMEF, Mule Deer Foundation, NRA or any other large organizations. One has to wonder why they help keep these secrets. Any of you that are members should write them a letter.

I had an interesting wolf encounter last week here in Western Montana. It made itself seen at close range and walked like it was injured and tail between its legs....then dissapeared in the brush. This happened while I was in my truck with my dog in back. I was at the same location with my dog on foot an hour earlier.

My guess is that it was a habitual dog killer baiting one in for the kill. My dog is female and fixed so it seems doubtful that it was in heat, using that as a lure.

Exactly what was happening, I've seen coyotes try that trick on cow dogs while your sitting right there on the 4 wheeler. We had a guy get a dog sniped by a pair of wolves a while back, he was on a 4 wheeler and had shot at them with a small pistol and it didn't faze them at all.

The intention of my comment is that none of us are going to be able to take enough wolves out to undo the damage they have caused and will continue to do. The only way they were finally brought down the first time was through massive use of 10-80 poison, which has been banned for years. They become extremely nocturnal after very little hunting pressure. Hunters will have a difficult time keeping their current numbers in check, if they can even do that. For one to state that their trusty Winchester willl take care of any and all wolves entering their state is boisterus at best. I've been against the introduction of the wolf ever since they started raising the first pack of them under chain-link containment 80 miles north of where I live. I come from a family of pioneer ranchers from eastern Idaho that had to deal with massave depredation of their livestock before they were erradicated the first time. Let me also state that we didn't have the Canadian Gray Wolf back then, but a much smaller Western Timber Wolf of which the count of approximately 80 animals remained within the Yellowstone Eco-System before the Canadians were released. I'm reasonably sure that the Canadian Wolf has now wiped them out to extinction. We never read or hear anything about that either.

I likely have a very similar back ground as yours only on the other side of the pass, from what we've been seeing here these Canadian wolves are much easier to kill that the native wolf because they are soooo aggressive. I've never had one of the native wolves come in while coyote calling or running hounds, the Canadians come into a call very aggressively at times and they will find your hounds, this aggression is the key to getting them! Yes they are smart and right now you won't hardly kill one out of a helicopter or air plane and they seem to be harder than a coyote to trap based on tracking them around our trap lines. I think the AR and a caller will be the most effective tools for taking the bulk of these animal out, especially if guys learn to hold fire till they ID the older ones in the pack and take them out first!! The ranchers in this area don't put up with them at all and it seems to be working gun)

There are a host of publications of research that has been done regarding the diseases wolves are capable of giving humans and any animal that has lungs in the area a wolf occupies. A good site to check to get started with educating yourself so you can pass the knowledge to others is : Wolf Diseases Hydatid Disease Rabies Echinococcosis In Wolves Information Idaho Montana Washington Wyoming
This is total scientific based long term study facts that have been brought up to the Feds as well as various state wildlife agencies. These agencies have overlooked what has been presented to them for reasons unknown. We have a real potential of paying a huge price of lives lost because of their carelessness. This story is the one that really needs exposure to the public. It would ruin the Anti's ability to justify the wolf's existence in such large quantities in our states and hopefully give cause to eradication once again.

Beleave it or not ,a92 lb coyote was shot ,
3 years ago up here in vermont. Dnr took it an won'T TALK ABOUT IT.sloangun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.