Why not boycott license fees to eliminate wolves in idaho

Brush up on your wolf hunting skills and enjoy the extended season and additional opportunities! I don't know about Idaho unfortunately, but in Montana you (Resident or non) can get up to 4 wolf tags per year with a VERY long season (Sept-Feb). Oh, and did I mention that a decent wolf pelt goes for between $2-500 dollars depending on condition and coloration? That's capital for new shooting gear!

Even so not many wolves are killed here every year and most areas I hunt are extremely over carrying capacity for Elk and deer. Some areas 2-300% over which is why Montana has the extended shoulder seasons.

Nothing at all wrong with going after them if that's a thing you want to do. Like most things we like to do, it's a hobby and not a job. Maybe a better definition would be, "it's a thing we spend money on, not make money on". I got a little bit of experience in putting up fur. Let's just say your fur check "offsets" your expenses. We'll save the "fur makes me money" story for the wifey... right along with the deer and elk are virtually free meat, except for the tag.

They would just offer more tags to out of staters who don't care about our wolf problem...

I think they should open it up and let us hunt them like coyotes as well. At least give us a year round season to fill our tags.
Some of us out of staters really do care about the wolf problem. In MN, WI & MI we have suffered from the same problem which started here right before the "tree huggers" gave Yellowstone a bunch of these Canadian wolves. The wolves were never endangered..never. Strictly a left based narrative.
In addition to being a major contributor to the inevitable EXTINCTION of Idaho's Selkirk mountain caribou, they are the main cause for the spread of Lyme's disease in northern mn & wi. Anything that those uneducated, unexperienced, young "biologists" touch usually turns sour real fast. USFS and USDA kids are responsible things like Japanese beetle infestations & killer bees. Most of these "children" can only obtain jobs with federal agencies because of the lack of scholastic achievement and work ethic.
The private sector actually gets the better ones and the others are actually not needed at all.
Yes there are some NR that share your problems. I hunt WY regularly & MT. I would love to hunt ID also (might be getting too old though).

I was surprised to see our regs changed for the better after receiving feeback from us sportsman. if you ask me that was a step in the right direction!

I believe we need to reward our trappers to keep them going. After all - hunting will not hold a candle to wolf harvests vs. trapping.

The increase in tags will help tremendously, however, I believe we should be able to donate our wolf tags to trappers.

Most sportsman do not have the time, nor the resources to hunt these wolves. The F4WM has been a big help, however, I think the IDF&G should help the trappers financially to offset the costs of trapping these wolves in remote areas.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.