Moved to Edmonton, anyone know where to get some .338 LM brass?

Draxx11

Sorry, I know it's a reoccurring question but most answers I am finding are for people across the border. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've been looking every where for lapua brass and from what I have been seeing its almost non existent..called every gun and reloading shop I could find in Edmonton. Thanks again guys. I've had so much help already from people on this forum, great stuff!!

midway has lapua brass in stock.. I found norma brass last longer and seems to resize.. neck size better for some reason.. hope this helps

How about a PPU distributor in Canada? PPU offers unprimed brass in .338 that's good quality. It's not Lapua but then it's not as pricey either.

I'd shy away from loaded PPU rounds. I've had some issues with the factory loaded 260 grain FMJBT rounds that I'm working through with the US Distributor right now.

Joyce Hornady also offers .338 Lapua unprimed. Should be a Hornady dealer up there.

Hey thanks for the replies, I should have stated that I am shooting a savage 110 BA and from what I've seen anything other than Lapua Brass causes heavy bolt lift and what not.. So instead of spending money on brass that may or may not work with my 110 BA I'll spend the few extra bucks if I ever find the lapua brass so i won't have the problem.

Cabelas has it, But you have to order it and Bruno's shooters supply did have some. Send kevin Thomas a pm on here, he might have something in mind for your location. By the way hows that thing shoot ?

Not sure if Cabelas ships to Ontario, Canada and there might be some restrictions, not sure.

I do know that Cabelas price on Lapua (Lapua) Brass is lower than anywhere or at least lower than most.....

Unusual for Cabelas, most times they are higher........:)y

I have tried the ppu brass in my savage and I have to tap the bolt handle to get it to open. If I use the lapua brass with the same load it is very easy.

I have tried the ppu brass in my savage and I have to tap the bolt handle to get it to open. If I use the lapua brass with the same load it is very easy.

Interesting.

I'm having a go-around with the importer of PPU right now. I had some no-fire rounds in factory loads of 338 FMJBT and I've contacted the US Distributor and I'm getting a bit of 'fluff' treatment. I'm not happy but Internet assisination is only the last resort at this juncture.

I believe I'd FL Resize the brass prior to loading.

I had no issues with the factory loads in my Savage as far as bolt actuation or extraction, just a no fire and that's not at all acceptable....

I have had a couple misfires and dont have any extraction problems with the ppu factory loads. Where the problem is at is on the 3rd or 4th firing

thanks sliceman, i sent an email to mystic precision. hope to hear back from them. i havent literally been able to shoot it yet snowpro, sorry for the bad wording :) i didn't see the point in spending 140 bucks on hornady ammo or another brand if there is gonna be bolt problems like i've read on other forums. just thought i'd get the lapua off the bat and not worry.... alothough it is pretty tempting to go buy some hornady ammo i seen floating around in a small town sportshop. $84.99 for a box of hornady match ammo and they had a handful only.

PM CapDog and see if he has some more to sell. If you don't mind once fired that is. He is in Alberta as well so shipping should be pretty quick. I also have the 110 and let me tell you I am not dissapointed with it at all. Stupidly accurate righ toutta the box with 300 SMK's (mostly due to GREAT load recipie I got off here) Am now on the 300 bergers but am still playing with seating depth to get something I'm happy with.

Awesome, thanks, I can't wait to get started. I went to P&D in Edmonton a few days ago and they said I'm going to have about a 6 month wait on 300 gr smk's... Gotta look at a few other places. That seems a little long

You can call Peter at Hirsch Precision(9028292932) for your brass. He is excellent to deal with. For the 300g Sierra's you can contact Brian (801-427-1126) at shoot-long.com. He is also a pleasure to deal with. In fact I don't believe I have run into anyone that has not been a true pleasure to deal with that enjoys long range shotting. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.