Does anyone know where I can get a TAP...........

mindcrime

.......to make my OWN threaded cases for use in my Stoney Point guage??? I believe that it is a "special size and pitch." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

if u find out let me know? I tried to buy one, but no one in the the town I live in could match up a tap to the threads

MO

I make my own version for my 50 BMGs.

From their FAQ:
<font color="blue"> </font> Q: What is the thread size for the OAL Gauge? I am an experienced machinist and would like to modify my own brass. Can you provide the proper drill bit and tap?

<font color="purple"> A: The thread size is 5/16" x 36. This is a special size drill and tap that we can provide to experienced machinists. Contact us for details </font>

I have a tap press I use to make my tools - I don't think you could make one without something like a tap press to get the correct alignment.

They only charge $6.50/case - so I think I'll just send them a bunch of cases. Only $4.75 total shipping.

B1G_B0RE,

What's a tap press?

Started using the drill press as a guide. Bummer

Rigged up drill and tap 'arrangement' for my Forester neck turner/trimmer. Works ok. Would work great if I could exactly center the tap alignment.....

[ QUOTE ]
Save yourself a hell of lot of aggravation and expense. Go buy the sinclair seating depth tool. costs under $30 and as accurate if not more so than the stoneypoint. I have two stoney points and tap and die for sale if anyone wants them.

BH

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this [url="http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=RESDTSD&amp;item=09-400&amp;type=store"]THE ONE
that you were referring to??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif It sounds so easy that it is confusing!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks for the info! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.