Monometals & the 257 Roy

efw

Went out for a 4th trip w/ the Roy last night. I'd reported previously about my experimentation w/ 100 gr tipped monometals and that continued.

P1400020.jpg

Here is the target I started last time. These are all 100 gr TTSXs w/ RL22. The center group is the one I ran last time @ 70 gr, and that charge was repeated in lower left last night. Upper right is 71, & lower left 72. I'm reasonably certain that I pulled the last shot in the bottom left.

P1400025.jpg

This is a repeat of the 70 gr RL22 & 100 gr ETip that performed so well last time.

I put the loaded cartridge & bullets in the pics to show how deeply I'm seating the bullets (3.12") and how beautiful these projectiles, particularly the ETip, really are.

I can't wait to see how they perform on game!

Unfortunately I didn't have the right light for running the chrono but I will soon. I'm interested in hearing whether y'all have gotten best velocities from RL22 or 7828?

Thanks again for lookin',

efw

My Mk5 257 wby has shot 2" groups at 600 yards and many into 1 1/2" at a quarter mile with Magpro and the 100 ttsx at 3760 fps. If you do not get the performance your looking for with re22 then this gives you something else to look at.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.