MK 248 MOD 1 .300 Winchester Magnum Round

The only further info I have is what I've read and it stated LC, Fed, or WCC cases H1000 and Fed215Ms, no statement of powder charge weight but probably 75-77grns.

FC military Brass (FC 12)
FC 215 Match Primer (crimped)
H1000 at 77.7
220 MK bullet

3.500 COAL

Warning!

To try to dupicate this load you might run into blown primers because they crimp the primers in.
Very hot load.......suggest reduce load to 76.5 to 77.0

Correction FC does not crimp the primers in the MK 248 Mod 1 ammo, but they have halted all production due to excessive pressure, same problem they had with M118LR.
I guess they will reduce the load

You'll probably get better speed with rl25 or retumbo than h1000, but both will be compressed charges. Factory load duplication attempts are always a bit off to me. You are running custom tailored ammo for your rifle (by handloading for it), why whitewash it with a reconstituted factory load??

I hear that RL33 is a dense powder, which could be good for a case like the 300WM, where it would normally be a bit slow, but if you can get more in than say retumbo, it could be interesting, havn't tried yet.

H1000 at 77.7
220 MK bullet

3.500 COAL

Warning!

To try to dupicate this load you might run into blown primers because they crimp the primers in.
Very hot load.......suggest reduce load to 76.5

Last edited:
If you want an accurate load, try 79gr of RE25 with a 200gr Accubond.
This load gave me better accuracy than any other, even better than H1000 would give me with lower velocity.
Cheers.
gun)

Double based powders are very hard on throat area

Military used the RL 22 with the MK 248 Mod 0 load prior to the Mod 1 with H1000.

Last edited:
H1000 at 77.7
220 MK bullet

3.500 COAL

Warning!

Very hot load.......suggest reduce load to 76.5 to 77.0

fed 210 Match primers used in MK 248 Mod 1 loads not FC 215m (no crimp)

If you look around you should be able to get the actual PDF that tells literally everything there is to know about this round. The max working pressure allowed under variance of pressure is somewhere around 78kpsi ...77 or 78...pretty insane.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.