Mk248 mod 1

i will point out that i would run from a so-called gunsmith that wrote "mk248mod1" on a bbl and installed it in a rem 700 action. i seriously doubt that a 700 is designed TO BE SHOT A 10% OVER MAX ALL DAY LONG.

THERE IS A SPECIFIC BBL PROFILE FOR A MK 13...its called mk13
from what I have read on this forum my gunsmith is the guy that fixed the overpressure problem for the government in this rifle.

lol
that is funny
there is no problem
it was DESIGNED FOR 68100
STD CHAMBERED RIFLES PROBABLY HAVE AN OVER PRESSURE ISSUE WITH THIS ROUND. MK13'S CHAMBERED WITH THE NAVY MK13 REAMER DO NOT.
please direct me to these threads where your gunsmith fix an "over pressure" issue for the mil with the mk248mod1 in a mk13 rifle.
please note the velocity, powder, case, bullet, primer, oal length are all listed in the mil spec.
from what I have read on this forum my gunsmith is the guy that fixed the overpressure problem for the government in this rifle.

from the spec on 300 win mag match ammo (mk248mod1) from mar 17, 2009

3.6.1 Velocity. (M105) [The corrected average muzzle velocity of the cartridges conditioned at 70°± 5° Fahrenheit (F) shall be 2,850 ± 50 ft/sec. feet per second (fps)]. The standard deviation of the corrected muzzle velocity at 70°± 5° F shall not exceed 15 fps. This test shall be conducted in accordance with paragraph 4.5.6.
3.6.2 Chamber Pressure. (M106) [The corrected average chamber pressure shall not exceed 68,100 pounds per square inch (psi) at 70°F.] Neither the chamber pressure of an individual sample test cartridge nor the average chamber pressure plus three standard deviations of chamber pressure shall exceed 78,900 psi. This test shall be conducted in accordance with paragraph 4.5.7.

lol
that is funny
there is no problem
it was DESIGNED FOR 68100
STD CHAMBERED RIFLES PROBABLY HAVE AN OVER PRESSURE ISSUE WITH THIS ROUND. MK13'S CHAMBERED WITH THE NAVY MK13 REAMER DO NOT.
please direct me to these threads where your gunsmith fix an "over pressure" issue for the mil with the mk248mod1 in a mk13 rifle.
please note the velocity, powder, case, bullet, primer, oal length are all listed in the mil spec.
im sorry it on a different forum called snipers hide. his user name is LongRifles Inc. posted on june 29 2017

from the spec on 300 win mag match ammo (mk248mod1) from mar 17, 2009

3.6.1 Velocity. (M105) [The corrected average muzzle velocity of the cartridges conditioned at 70°± 5° Fahrenheit (F) shall be 2,850 ± 50 ft/sec. feet per second (fps)]. The standard deviation of the corrected muzzle velocity at 70°± 5° F shall not exceed 15 fps. This test shall be conducted in accordance with paragraph 4.5.6.
3.6.2 Chamber Pressure. (M106) [The corrected average chamber pressure shall not exceed 68,100 pounds per square inch (psi) at 70°F.] Neither the chamber pressure of an individual sample test cartridge nor the average chamber pressure plus three standard deviations of chamber pressure shall exceed 78,900 psi. This test shall be conducted in accordance with paragraph 4.5.7.
if you go to snipers hide and search LongRifles Inc. and go to the june 28 2017 post you will see a rifle that he built just like mine. he builds them on a rem 700 LA.

sorry need more info for a search by date they start now and go back. a 2017 thread is a little late to be "fixing" a 2009 design.
actual thread title

so not he did not FIX a problem the mil had with the ammo and the rifle AND PRESSURE
he was working on a private party rifle WITHOUT a spec bbl. so who knows what reamer was used..( SPEC BBLS ARE mk13 from LILJA)
one single private party rifle
in 2012 THREE YEARS AFTER IT WAS IN USE BY CRANE/SEALS
FROM HIS SITE
Your search for "MK248MOD1" did not yield any results.

Last edited:
I HAVE A MK248 MOD 1 REMINGTON 700 THAT I WOULD LIKE TO WORK UP A LOAD FOR. IS ANYONE RELOADING FOR THIS RIFLE? I PLAN TO SHOOT THE BERGER 215 HYBRIDS. ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED! THX
most remington actions top out around 74-76 of H-1000 I use 77.5 and it works good but brass and temp and jump jam all can over press you I set OAL and my mags OAL just work up a load you like what twist is your barrel?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.