Mk248 mod 1

bigal,
That is a very nice rifle, Chad is very good at what he does. My Snipetac was built by them, along with one of its barrels done by him and K&P. I'm sure if you talk to Chad he will tell you the difference in your rifle's chamber is the lead/throat. Just work up a load for it like any other rifle and enjoy, I bet it will be very accurate.

actually i would say you are wrong.
it is the THROAT and the HIGHER operating pressure in this case

cartridge is 3.5 with a smk220 it will chamber in a lot of std chambers.
the issue i see is he is using a bullet with a different profile, and the throat is cut for the 220 at 3.5

So the chamber is different? Just like I said? You're so eager to poke someone with how you're better than them that you make yourself look genuinely foolish with this kind of nonsense. Grow up. The higher chamber pressure is meaningless since it's a known round that Crane KNEW was overpressure right out of the gate.

i will point out that i would run from a so-called gunsmith that wrote "mk248mod1" on a bbl and installed it in a rem 700 action. i seriously doubt that a 700 is designed TO BE SHOT A 10% OVER MAX ALL DAY LONG.

THERE IS A SPECIFIC BBL PROFILE FOR A MK 13...its called mk13

Wait, you think that the barrel might be at risk of letting go at 10% overpressure? Wow. Ok, that says a ton about what you know. I'll just walk away now before you get OP into major trouble so I don't have to watch.

i will point out that i would run from a so-called gunsmith that wrote "mk248mod1" on a bbl and installed it in a rem 700 action. i seriously doubt that a 700 is designed TO BE SHOT A 10% OVER MAX ALL DAY LONG.

THERE IS A SPECIFIC BBL PROFILE FOR A MK 13...its called mk13
I just came across this thread doing some research, and saw the above quoted post.

I suggest that the writer of this post take a look at page 17 of the CRANE detailed cartridge specification for the mk248mod1 round, which says:

6.1 Intended use. The MK 248 MOD 1 cartridge covered by this specification is for use in the Remington 700 family of weapons (bolt action only) chambered for .300 Winchester Magnum cartridges.

And the document specifies the 68.1kpsi chamber pressure at 70F.

So, idk what the above post is trying to say.

I can't post a link, but google search "DS/JXNN/C08/1604A" and you can find the PDF; it's 34 pages long. Or fill in the blanks.....https [colon] //usarmorment [dot] com/pdf/300WM_load%20data.pdf

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.