Military crimp removal methods

C-130 Dude

Been using a cut out style tool for cutting out the mil crimp on mil brass for a while now. Tried a RCBS swage removal die today. I'm a bit surprised at the effort required to push/pop the press handle to release the cases when done. (On the upstroke). My process is working, but its wearing out my arm and beating up my bench and press. I have 1500 new unfired LC 7.62x51 cases to do. My question is this, do you guys know of any other manufacturers of on press swage removal dies that I might try?

Been using a cut out style tool for cutting out the mil crimp on mil brass for a while now. Tried a RCBS swage removal die today. I'm a bit surprised at the effort required to push/pop the press handle to release the cases when done. (On the upstroke). My process is working, but its wearing out my arm and beating up my bench and press. I have 1500 new unfired LC 7.62x51 cases to do. My question is this, do you guys know of any other manufacturers of on press swage removal dies that I might try?
I don't know of anything that works any better. And unless you have a really light bench and/or press, you aren't hurting anything.

Except maybe your arm. 😄

I don't know of anything that works any better. And unless you have a really light bench and/or press, you aren't hurting anything.

Except maybe your arm. 😄
Using a Rock Chucker 4 on a 350 pound bench bolted to the floor and wall. My arm on the other hand.... You know of any other manufacturers making a die for this?

My RCBS swaging die seems to work fine on 223/556 milspec primer pockets. There is a pop when disengaging, but nothing severe. It's been a while since I have done this. I've got enough brass to burn out a few barrels.

I've heard good things about the Dillon. I use the RCBS but put just a little graphite on the tool. I've even used a little Vaseline on it. Just enough so you can feel it on your fingers. Then tumble them to clean them up.

There is no easy way, hence the reason the brass is so cheap.

I use the RCBS benchmount swaging tool. Dillion has one also. It's tedious but works and adjustable. I've only used on 5.56 but they come with both large and small tips.