Military 300 Win Mag Brass

TORCHRIDER

Does anyone use military 300 Win mag brass for reloading? I have access to some once fired FC headstamp cases. I imagine as with any military brass load adjustment down a few grains is required. Will I need to small base size it? What are your thoughts on this brass?

From what I can tell it isn't anything special, just load it like you would any other Federal cases. If it's once fired in one of our rifles just give it a good inspection.

From what I can tell it isn't anything special, just load it like you would any other Federal cases. If it's once fired in one of our rifles just give it a good inspection.

It is once fired military brass, but don't think it is from an automatic weapon. Maybe long range bolt guns?

Yeah we don't have any .300 machine guns, only Sniper rifles.
I mentioned inspecting the brass because you probably don't know if it's MK248 or the MK248mod1. The mod1 has been pretty much pulled except for some already in play. This stuff was loaded pretty hot, as in over pressure. That's according to a rep.
Not that the weapon chambers are oversized like you would expect on a machine gun. Also you don't know how it has been handled.

Does anyone use military 300 Win mag brass for reloading? I have access to some once fired FC headstamp cases. I imagine as with any military brass load adjustment down a few grains is required. Will I need to small base size it? What are your thoughts on this brass?

If it is .300WM brass that is head stamped "FC" and then the last 2 digits of the production year, and it does not have a military crimp in the primer pocket, then it is most likely Federal Gold Medal Match (GMM) .300WM cases. Which are also very good. I have about 100 "FC 93" GMM .300WM cases sitting under the bench.

If it is .300WM brass that is head stamped "FC" and then the last 2 digits of the production year, and it does not have a military crimp in the primer pocket, then it is most likely Federal Gold Medal Match (GMM) .300WM cases. Which are also very good. I have about 100 "FC 93" GMM .300WM cases sitting under the bench.

Exactly what I load for my Husky. FL resize and remove the crimp (I use a 60 degree chaterless 4 flute countersink to remove the crimp). Other than that it's good brass.

Wideners usually has it for sale in bulk. (Where I get mine at).

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.