Military 300 wm brass

Paul Heppner

First post, so be kind. I have loaded for a 300 WM in the past. An old Rem 700 that has flopped everything I have ever pointed it at. Now I am getting interested in some long range shooting and want to put together about 300 really good rounds tuned to my new 700 Long Range. At present I have a load that is giving me 5/8 inch groups at 200 yards pretty consistently when I do my part. I'm using Remington brass for my old 300. In trying to accumulate 300 to 400 pieces of brass I have found large quantities of the Military brass, all Federal stuff, at very reasonable prices (if it's any good). I fully intend to rework the brass, primer pockets, flash holes, turn the necks, anneal, trim, weight sort, the whole routine. I have done it all before for a 222 years ago. What's the current opinion on this FC Military stuff. I currently have a couple ranges available, one at 800 the other a friend has access to 1000.

is this the mil new unfired fc 300 wm brass ? i bought some as i have a mk13 that was designed to use this brass. the big diff is the mill does not reload and fc foes not have a great rep for long life in a reloading use. in your factory rifle if the load is any where near max, i do not think it will last long. the price was cheap, so i can live with that.

If I were you I would just buy some ADG brass and avoid all the work. I'm on my 7th loading with mine and still going strong.

Well..........I tossed ALL my FC-10 300WM brass in the recycle bin after finding that not one had a decent primer pocket in which a primer was snug enough to resist falling out!
This was ALL ONCE FIRED brass from FACTORY loading.
Had the same experience with FC-05 338WM brass.
No way could you reload it, unless you glued the primers in.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts