Memorial Day 2023

Hap Peeler.jpeg
Muddyboots. My Dad piloted this thing in the Pacific theater. Could have been buds. Agree 1000% with the comments on this generation. Happy Memorial Day to all and remember the people who fought and sometimes gave their lives. We shall keep fighting some of these new ideas.

View attachment 465688
Muddyboots. My Dad piloted this thing in the Pacific theater. Could have been buds. Agree 1000% with the comments on this generation. Happy Memorial Day to all and remember the people who fought and sometimes gave their lives. We shall keep fighting some of these new ideas.
Yes, on the new ideas, we have to resist stupid.

Yes, we are soooo "Progressive"
that we pursue our own extinction with zeal and are not even self aware of our existential folly. That's my own quote for the day.

The Bible said in Proverbs way before the time of Christ, that this defines a "Fool".

Just a mere 30 Percent of those between the ages of 16 and 19 surveyed , have any sense of patriotism. Why?? How can they be indifferent to all this country has given them. Including the freedom to Criticize endlessly , be lazy , and be disrespectful to the flag. They are too stupid to even be ashamed of themselves. Its very sad !!!

Just a mere 30 Percent of those between the ages of 16 and 19 surveyed , have any sense of patriotism. Why?? How can they be indifferent to all this country has given them. Including the freedom to Criticize endlessly , be lazy , and be disrespectful to the flag. They are too stupid to even be ashamed of themselves. Its very sad !!!
Maybe they will learn from Brittney Griner.

I was a reluctant service member. I was drafted! But, I would not give up the experience for double the years back. So in military terms I'm navel lint. But my father in law was a hero in my eyes. He was the greatest man I've ever known. A tour in Korea and two tours in Vietnam. USMC. Two purple hearts and to many other ribbons and awards to name. Agent orange cost him his legs late in life. Said his helicopter flew through the spraying on many occasions. Never talked about his combat experience until the last years of his life. Never went to fireworks shows. Never wanted to be thanked for his service. Near the end he told me about being a BAR man along with twenty others on a hill in north Korea and the Chinese charging across a thousand yards of open ground. He's said there were thousands, if not ten of thousands of them. At two hundred yards they opened up on them with the BAR,s and every other weapon they had. Three hundred Marines! He said that at fifty yards in front of him was a wall of dead bodies about four to five feet high, and they climbing over the bodies to get to them. He was down to the last few magazines for the BAR and was going to turn a retreat with the other men when a Company of Marines with fixed bayonets charged the remaining Chinese who fled at the sight of fresh Marines. He said he knows he killed over a hundred of them! Then said, All of them had a mother and father who would mourn them. Can't even imagine having that flashback with me for fifty plus years.

Last edited:
I was a reluctant service member. I was drafted! But, I would not give up the experience for double the years back. So in military terms I'm navel lint. But my father in law was a hero in my eyes. He was the greatest man I've ever known. A tour in Korea and two tours in Vietnam. USMC. Two purple hearts and to many other ribbons and awards to name. Agent orange cost him his legs late in life. Said his helicopter flew through the spraying on many occasions. Never talked about his combat experience until the last years of his life. Never went to fireworks shows. Never wanted to be thanked for his service. Near the end he told me about being a BAR man along with twenty others on a hill in north Korea and the Chinese charging across a thousand yards of open ground. He's said there were thousands, if not tens of thousands of them. At two hundred yards they opened up on them with the BAR,s and every other weapon they had. Three hundred Marines! He said that at fifty yards in front of him was a wall of dead bodies about four to five feet high, and they climbing over the bodies to get to them. He was down to the last few magazines for the BAR and was going to turn a retreat with the other men when a Company of Marines with fixed bayonets charged the remaining Chinese who fled at the sight of fresh Marines. He said he knows he killed over a hundred of them! Then said, All of them had a mother and father who would mourn them. Can't even imagine having that flashback with me for fifty plus years.
My father in law was the BAR man in his squad in the Phillipines. Guess thats why he had the bronze star and all the ribbons.....BAR means instant respect.....

God bless all that have served and especially those that gave all!
Reading these stories gave me chills and brought tears. We owe them more than we could ever repay. We are able to do what we do because of those that served. Sadly these days we are not taught in school about what they did for us and how none of this would be here without them. If we had the soy boy bud light drinker of today...we would be speaking a different language.
I hope all have a great weekend!

View attachment 465688
I love how creative they were in naming their aircraft's along with the fantastic artwork! I don't even want to think of what they would be naming them nowadays but it probably wouldn't be "nasty nancy"

Last edited:
I've heard taps played many times and it has always choked me up. But when they played it at my dads funeral last year it struck so deep that I cried for a long time. We buried him next to his brother who valiantly died in combat defending his position alone with a medic after the rest of his platoon was killed to keep their position from being overrun. Support arrived just in time to see the enemy overwhelm them but they held the line long enough to keep the enemy from running over the base. I set a flag pole at the head of their graves that I maintain. I sure miss him. Dad was 1st Calvary. Not sure about his brother. Dads brother Cleatus received the Bronze Star and the Silver Star. Dad received nothing. He told me once that "Only dead soldiers got medals, the rest of us got a pat on the back for not dying. "
EB83F1B5-F03F-43B8-9EBB-6E61176E7358.jpeg

Last edited:
My father-in-law served in the navy, my two nieces and nephew served in the army and navy. I have many friends who have served in the military. This is my wife's grandfather.View attachment 465674
Saw this picture before and Honor to your father!. SEMPER FIDELIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recent Posts