Memorial Day

dok7mm

I hope that people everywhere, stop and remember the true purpose of Memorial Day and that it is a tribute to the service men and women, whom have given their lives for the freedoms we enjoy. Please take a moment to remember them. They ask for nothing now, but we owe them everything.

Thank you kindly and God bless!

Attachments

• Memorial day.jpg
    Memorial day.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 61
I hope that people everywhere, stop and remember the true purpose of Memorial Day and that it is a tribute to the service men and women, whom have given their lives for the freedoms we enjoy. Please take a moment to remember them. They ask for nothing now, but we owe them everything.

+1

I always liked the saying, "All Gave Some, And Some Gave All "

Thanks to those that Gave all and to those that served. We will not forget.

J E CUSTOM

Wife and I helped the American Legion place flags on veterans graves today. Attached pic is just one of the many interesting markers. The cemetery is an Oregon Pioneer cemetery and has many Civil War veterans buried there.

Attachments

• IMG_20170527_100159630.jpg
    IMG_20170527_100159630.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 46
Thank you to all those who gave everything so we can remain free. Because freedom has never been, is not now, nor will it ever, be free.

Never forget.

iwo-jima-0-800.jpg

ea403e2539d56c2753e1a36c15ddf335.jpg

c95af88be30432b5606e33766e99499d.jpg

original.jpg

Wife and I helped the American Legion place flags on veterans graves today. Attached pic is just one of the many interesting markers. The cemetery is an Oregon Pioneer cemetery and has many Civil War veterans buried there.

Good on and your wife ... I get goose bumps thinking about it as it was quite the privilege to honor them.

My most memorable to date was when the Trans-Atlantic Boy Scouts Council did a service project in 2002 to clean the Omaha Beach and it's neighboring shores and visit the American memorial cemetery in Normandy, France.

Attachments

• American Memorial Cemetery in Normandy France.jpg
    American Memorial Cemetery in Normandy France.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 68
  • American Memorial Cemetery in Normandy France1.jpg
    American Memorial Cemetery in Normandy France1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 59
  • American Memorial Cemetery in Normandy France2.jpg
    American Memorial Cemetery in Normandy France2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 64
Was invited to spend the day at the lake and 3 different BBQs, instead spent some time with a very good friend who was killed when our HMMWV was hit by an IED.

Attachments

• IMG_5948.JPG
    IMG_5948.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 88
Been with 20 men who have lost their lives wearing my uniform, and a great uncle that died a few years back that was shot storming a beach in Normandy.
Today was not meant for celebration, it's different for me.

Been with 20 men who have lost their lives wearing my uniform, and a great uncle that died a few years back that was shot storming a beach in Normandy.
Today was not meant for celebration, it's different for me.

I feel you, Bravo 4. Every lost brother is painful and it's personal and forever. I was lucky enough to be able to contact several members of my old platoon, over the weekend. We remembered our buddies who didn't survive and shared our grieve for all who are out there fighting for this country now. Stay safe and tell your buds how much you all mean to us. May God bless you all and watch over your six. This old 11B40 loves you guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.