Melonite vs Nitride vs cyro treatments on barrels.

HuntFarther

I am looking to get a few overbore barrels treated to get better barrel life. What is the best treatment to use. I see way more on nitride than anything. Please share your stories and who is the best to go to?

Ok. Who is the best one to treat the barrels? What have you see for barrel life increase. And did you shoot the gun before treating to see if there was any change accuracy wise?

Thanks for the info. I just have found just because something is in the video that does not mean that is exactly the best ways always. I was just hoping for some actual user experiences. Thanks for all the input so far guys.

Thanks for the info. I just have found just because something is in the video that does not mean that is exactly the best ways always. I was just hoping for some actual user experiences.

Very true but that depends on who is in the video, Mr. Kendrick knows a thing or two about barrels and shooting >>> World Record 6x44--the "6BR Long

If you want to send it without barrel break in, that's your choice.

You can also do a custom search on the top right hand corner to query on "nitriding" and how a other members approach theirs.

Very true but that depends on who is in the video, Mr. Kendrick knows a thing or two about barrels and shooting >>> World Record 6x44--the "6BR Long

If you want to send it without barrel break in, that's your choice.

You can also do a custom search on the top right hand corner to query on "nitriding" and how a other members approach theirs.

If you think I was attacking you or the video I was not. I just know that the latest info is the best. I thought I have seen this video some time back. I just look at a lot of this stuff. Like the tv shows. They are there to sell you something. Take the ones that are sponsored. They would shoot berger bullets for years and that is the best bullet ever. Then the contract is up and Nosler lrab are the best and they have no idea why they shot berger. And now it is hornady eldx. Maybe the products keep getting better and some is true. But in my eyes if a person is not careful then you will always be chasing the next big thing.

I NEVER said you did, I trust my gunsmiths but end users ALWAYS have the final decision to make.

I agree, the guys that invest so much into their comp guns know what is worth their time and investment. I know there are some out there with first hand experiences, maybe a couple will chime in. Thanks for your input and sorry if I read what you were saying wrong.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.