Meat Missiles

These aren't seated

Attachments

• 28A1762A-EACB-49EA-9187-1090B3308A8E.jpeg
    28A1762A-EACB-49EA-9187-1090B3308A8E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
How does that even work the case neck is mostly over-the-cannelure ?
It's actually a bore rider, and works just fine, even though I don't like that it's mostly in the neck either. Never had any issues with it though as far as accuracy or consistency. The bullet itself, compared to the manufacturer's claims in BC and terminal performance, did not measure up.

It's actually a bore rider, and works just fine, even though I don't like that it's mostly in the neck either. Never had any issues with it though as far as accuracy or consistency. The bullet itself, compared to the manufacturer's claims in BC and terminal performance, did not measure up.
Pretty wild I've never seen anything like that before!

Bore riders have been around for quite a while. Here's a couple other examples. Just another method of reducing engraving forces and friction. View attachment 379698View attachment 379699
I know what bore Rider bullets are just struck me about the position of the cannelure the length of the cannelure and the length of the brass neck there's not much holding it in there to keep it aligned just different.

I know what bore Rider bullets are just struck me about the position of the cannelure the length of the cannelure and the length of the brass neck there's not much holding it in there to keep it aligned just different.
Yeah. I'm not a fan of that particular bullet in general, but I can't deny that it shot lights out, even precariously in the neck of the case lol

And yes, a couple of those pictures were taken specifically showing how the bore rider was almost making it unusable in that case. Drive bands would have been better to ensure sufficient contact with the neck and prevent issues with runout.