Lead in your Meat!!

gamedog

Once again our local gazette warning us of the dangers of lead contamination in game meat.
I don't know abut you guy's , but I try to avoid eating chunks of bullet fragments in my steaks:rolleyes:
Thanks God they're watching out for our well being LOL:rolleyes:
I think they're up to no good again.

The science concerning lead and children has been known and proven for over a quarter of a century. It is hard to believe that there are still hunters who do not know enough or else do not care enough to protect the well being of their children from the hazards of lead poisoning. It can also effect adults but the amounts needed are higher for two reasons 1. body mass and 2. uptake/absorption percentage.

Taking care of your children is not a political issue- it is a fundamental responsibility of a human being.

Twice in my career as the senior environmental engineer and supervisor for DC, I had to deal with the issue of lead in extremely small amounts that a child would get from drinking water. The amounts in drinking water are a thousand times less than from ingesting a lead fragment from a bullet (or lead paint from a windowsill for that matter).

washingtonpost.com

I do not have many complaints about Berger bullets nor Wildcat bullets, but their tendency to open quickly and then penetrate a long ways will leave a lot of small fragments all the way along the wound channel. This is very good for killing animals but you really have to trim the meat.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.