Meanwhile on RS they're killin bear, deer, elk , and moose with .223 and 77gr TMK.

Perhaps a good decision you can always punch it out later, I might be wrong, but the .22-250 AI doesn't push brass forward as much as the standard might, at any rate, both are great cartridges. Good luck Cheers
I think the 22-250 is a fine cartridge, as is the 22 CM. I'm kinda working out all the details. Heck a .223 rem bolt might still be in the works. All depends what I come across and what rifles I get rid of.

I think the 22-250 is a fine cartridge, as is the 22 CM. I'm kinda working out all the details. Heck a .223 rem bolt might still be in the works. All depends what I come across and what rifles I get rid of.
Yep, either for hunting or target shooting at long range the .223 Rem in a good rifle is a hoot... I used mine a lot for the 1k matches with 80gr. Sierra and Berger match bullets... on a good day, it can hold its own, besides... I liked the challenge of the wind. Well, good luck with whichever direction you choose. 🤔 😉 Cheers

Yep, either for hunting or target shooting at long range the .223 Rem in a good rifle is a hoot... I used mine a lot for the 1k matches with 80gr. Sierra and Berger match bullets... on a good day, it can hold its own, besides... I liked the challenge of the wind. Well, good luck with whichever direction you choose. 🤔 😉 Cheers
Sorry I meant to type the 22-250 AI is a fine cartridge lol.

I'll probably get one someday. I have several options that i could do. Get a 22-250 barrel and put it on my 260 AI. Or just do the mods on my AR15 to run 75 gr ELDMs.
So 22 arc? An extra 1-200 fps couldn't be bad with heavies.

Sorry I meant to type the 22-250 AI is a fine cartridge lol.
Crazy stuff, not what I'd call ballistically scientific, but... there is an "action and reaction" at the POI and one of the reasons I like the 77gr Sierra OTM bullet in my Mk 262 Mod 1 clone load for my 5.56 CAR. Just killing time... 🥱 Cheers

Oop's this was his first one.

Last edited:
I got to say, I like the standard 22-250.
No fire forming, quality Lapua brass, good enough velocity while not being a barrel burner. Quite accurate in a good rifle.
What's not to like :D
Yes I agree. I'm trying to balance performance with cost of reloading too. So it burning alittle less powder is a plus.

To frame the action of the two videos; I was merely trying to show the difference between the 5.56 in the first video and the differences in the second video on the water jugs, the question remains why? I'm pretty sure the 5.56x45mm with a 77gr OTM isn't going much faster than 2750 fps, yet the first jug was nuked. Any ideas here as to the massive damage in the hydraulic shock of the first jug? Cheers

To frame the action of the two videos; I was merely trying to show the difference between the 5.56 in the first video and the differences in the second video on the water jugs, the question remains why? I'm pretty sure the 5.56x45mm with a 77gr OTM isn't going much faster than 2750 fps, yet the first jug was nuked. Any ideas here as to the massive damage in the hydraulic shock of the first jug? Cheers
Sorry I lost interest in his video. Water jugs aren't really good at determining terminal performance.

I was pretty impressed with how high the Berger lifted that 5 gallon jug of water off the ground.

Sorry I lost interest in his video. Water jugs aren't really good at determining terminal performance.
I agree, just saying, why the big difference with everything being the same, what caused it? Perhaps the bullet failed to stabilize, just stuck in my head I guess. I've had great luck with the 77gr OTMs but... I don't think they'd do that much damage in the first video, it would be more likely the second was closer. Cheers