McMillian Complete Installation Option

Burrdock

I'm thinking about sending my barreled action from my sendero II. .300 rum to mcmillian to have them do a complete installation option. (includes: full inlet, pad, studs, paint or molded-in camo or marble & glass bedding with aluminum pillars) into a lazzeroni sporter stock
Does anyone have any experience with them doing this......good or bad?

Thanks

I believe the stocks cost $488 right now, is that correct? That includes inlet, studs, recoil pad, molded paint or camo. I would check with a smith to see what a pillar bed costs.

They make excellent stocks. I've had several and have been happy with all of them. Sounds like they are charging you about the same as anyone to pillar bed it. The wait time is for the stock mostly. They typically take about 4 months to deliver a stock. The actual stock is a personal preference. They are a good company. I think you will be happy.

Gordon

They've done a complete installation for me two years ago on a Sako 995 and I have another in their shop now for the same workup. Quality is great but you will need to be patient.

Go to thier web site and look at thier "specials" They normally have quite a few stocks on the shelf and ready to go, some of them you will still have the option of paint color. If you are lucky you may be able to find one with a molded in color that suits you, I much prefer the molded in color. you cannot damage it and it never looks bad even after years of use. If you are able to find something that suits you then you can cut about 20+ weeks off that turn around time! Im sure their bedding is quality but the price seems high to me.

40 bucks for some devcon and about an hours work and you can skim and pillar bed it yourself. That's robbery. There is a very detailed how to on snipershide in the gunsmithing section. I read it several times and have bedded 4 rifles and all turned out perfect. Good luck

40 bucks for some devcon and about an hours work and you can skim and pillar bed it yourself. That's robbery. There is a very detailed how to on snipershide in the gunsmithing section. I read it several times and have bedded 4 rifles and all turned out perfect. Good luck

they charge to much for everything including complete rifles.
Robbery is correct.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.