McMillan Wait Time

I started building rifles back in the 80's I retired over 10 years ago, I put together so 30 to 40 plus rifles a year, during that time venders very seldom delivered on the quoted delivery time, if they said 6 to 8 weeks, I'd find myself calling after 9 weeks, then they say it'll be a additional 2 to 3 and then it would still be late, I had a good working and in some cases a personal relationship with many of the venders, I know this does not answer your question, but odds are you have time to secure the funding.

My a3 adjustable was a year and 3 months . Granted it was a Mauser action and a brux #5 profile and it was during the covid stuff. Even with them needing / having the action to fit everything it didn't trun out as it should have . It's the wrong fill and color even tho my order ticket has all the correct information on it . So my stock isn't what I'd have done. It was before the sale and I'm told there times and processes have improved as has the customer service .Eric over at Axis Works does alot of work with them and usually can get stocks faster than the normal times . Not wanting the same stock for my other build I went manners lrh for a stock.

I just waited 17 months for a manners. Had to call 3 times. Twice they said they had lost the order. It's only the third manners that I have ever ordered, and I hope to never have to order one again.

I ordered a flat top (no inlet) stock with molded in color in August. I called a week ago and they said "it was ready to go to finish soon". So 7 months and counting for a stock that isn't inletted.... I really wish there was another option!

I have my eye on a McMillan stock and I am in the process of saving up for it. I know in the past it was 6+ months wait. Does anyone know what the current wait times are?
I've been waiting for an M3 A stock for over two years. Very frustrating. Waited over a year for a hunting stock for my Weatherby 30-378 Mk V action. Love the stock hate the wait.

I've been waiting for an M3 A stock for over two years. Very frustrating. Waited over a year for a hunting stock for my Weatherby 30-378 Mk V action. Love the stock hate the wait.
Oof, that is a long wait. I am going to remain hopeful that I can get one a little quicker than that. I am building up a 270 win to use in 2025 in celebration of 100 years, so I have a little over a year. Worst case scenario I continue to use the factory stock.

These threads make me wish someone could get the rights to the 3 position crf defiance action that's now a memory. 700 platform has so completely dominated the market wait times are through the roof. Ag is helping take some pressure off, and here is to hoping stockys continues to get better at stock design with the in house stocks. My absolute favorite stock shape is a McMillian stock, last one was over 365 days and am on the hunt for a new style. Either that or I'm gonna have to stock pile stocks more than a year out....

I have my eye on a McMillan stock and I am in the process of saving up for it. I know in the past it was 6+ months wait. Does anyone know what the current wait times are?

Which model specifically are you looking at? Retailers like Redhawk Rifles do stock some of the lightweight hunting options and McMillan does have a fair number of in stock offerings in their own store depending on how particular you want to be.

Which model specifically are you looking at? Retailers like Redhawk Rifles do stock some of the lightweight hunting options and McMillan does have a fair number of in stock offerings in their own store depending on how particular you want to be.
I am familiar with Redhawk and actually bought a game hunter from them a few years back. In this case I am too particular for the available offerings across the internet.

My a3 adjustable was a year and 3 months . Granted it was a Mauser action and a brux #5 profile and it was during the covid stuff. Even with them needing / having the action to fit everything it didn't trun out as it should have . It's the wrong fill and color even tho my order ticket has all the correct information on it . So my stock isn't what I'd have done. It was before the sale and I'm told there times and processes have improved as has the customer service .Eric over at Axis Works does alot of work with them and usually can get stocks faster than the normal times . Not wanting the same stock for my other build I went manners lrh for a stock.
How long ago was this?
Thanks