ATF Wait Times

I just got a Form 4 approved in 6 weeks. Insane that there are dudes here who have been waiting years. I've been there!

It just depends.... Trust is taking a while. Individual is much faster.

It's only been much faster for the last couple weeks as the ATF stated in their FAQ after the update that they will be prioritizing individual submissions over trusts.

Considering the vast majority of Trusts have a single person on them it's a BS excuse.

If you already have a trust for a previous purchase, can you buy a new supressor and submit as an individual or do they all now have to go under the trust?

If you already have a trust for a previous purchase, can you buy a new supressor and submit as an individual or do they all now have to go under the trust?
I'm fairly sure you can do a new trust or individual. The previous purchase trust was for the item you purchased last time. I was told I had to do a new trust or individual for a new purchase. Could not amend the old trust for a new purchase. That was from SilencerCo...

I'm fairly sure you can do a new trust or individual. The previous purchase trust was for the item you purchased last time. I was told I had to do a new trust or individual for a new purchase. Could not amend the old trust for a new purchase. That was from SilencerCo...

It depends on how your trust is set up but there is nothing stopping you from buying more suppressors as an individual, it just means that only you can use it.

With my original gun trust I could add more stuff to it however after the 2017 rule change I would have to submit all the fingerprints and signatures for the 6 people on it with every suppressor added which is a pain.

If you did a single shot trust through Silencer Shop that is good for only that suppressor and you would simply get another trust or file individually for your next can.

I personally prefer the trusts as I add my Dad and Brother to them so we can swap and share cans however we want.

Recent Posts