McMillan Stock....help me pick

coues7

As many of you know I am an avid big game hunter out in AZ. I getting ready to have a custom rifle built and am going to start with a McMillan stock. What all you do you guys recommend? This will be a HUNTING rifle.

Thanks

What action are you going to use ??? if its a 700 and you want light go with the edge and if you dont mind the extra 10oz the classic or mountain rifle stocks are nice .

+1 on the A-3....might not need the adjustable cheek if you are using up to a 50mm scope.

You can't beat the M40A1/HTG especially with the heavy barrel, the regular hunting stocks won't work with much more than a #5 contour.
Here's a pic of my 308 with the M40A1/HTG, it has a 24" heavily fluted M40 contour barrel.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/398892.bmp
I don't live to far from you, if you would like to check it out in person shoot me an email, address listed in my profile.

Wayne aka WAMBO

Check out the Rem varmint. I think it's the same as the Sako varmint. I have one on a hvy bbl Howa and it is very comfortable, from all positions, not just prone.

Wambo , thats a sweet rig /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Heres my .308 in a mcmillan A3 for a comparison .

bigbetty010MediumSmall.jpg

I´d go with an A3, maybe the lighter version; or take a look at Manners Thumbhole, or the lightest version of their tactical stock

I am putting together a 300 WM with a fluted Krieger #6 taper on a Predator action and a Mcmillan Rem Hunter. Sort of a tweener for hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.