Mcmillan stock choices - help me please!

I have a Game Scout on a sporter barrel. For the larger I think the Game Warden would fit. I also have an old A2.

Once you go with the vertical grip, I think you'll never go back.

For an all-around I really like the A3 Hunter, I have one on my 243AI and 338 Edge hunting rifles. Both do occasional double duty as target rifles.

I have a Game Scout on a 6X45 and really like it as well, but it is better for a light carry hunting rifle. I like what the A3 Hunter brings to the table for other uses.

Like others said, call McMillan . They are very helpful and walk you thru the options. I called and ordered a game warden a few weeks ago. It was a painless process.

If weight is your concern, look at the a3 sporter or either with edge fill. The stock manners EH1 for $600 comes in at like 28oz I believe but I'm just not into their stocks as much. I ended up with an A3 edge from stockys when I did my build and with a 28.5 sendero contour, my rifle came in at 9 lbs without optics.

I've built 3 rifles with the A1-3. All with edge tech. In fact I have the 1st A1-3 with edge tech.
I've been blessed with a small face so I need the tallest comb for proper eye relief.
Perfect for me with the Triad Tactical stock pack. The stock pack helps with noise when going threw heavy brush.

The A1-3 has a flat bottom, so great for shooting off of a bag. Not so good with a bipod as it will walk on you. I had a picatiny rail installed and that solved the problem. Running a Harris with Larue mount.

I have a 300wsm built with A1-3 and was concerned with felt recoil. It feels way better than the original laminated stock (M70 w/ coyote contour) and way lighter. When Factory barrel is done I will most likely go with a Proof carbon fiber.

Check out Holland's Gunsmithing. They have a few custom stocks in inventory. They are built by McMillan to Holland's spec. I have the adjustable comb elevator stock. It is nice. There can be a long wait to get what you want from McMillan.

I had the same problem figuring out which stock I wanted. I can't make an informed decision without holding it in my hand. I do not know if they will still do this but, back in the day I had McMillan send me like six different stocks to look at. That's how I made my final decision. I just paid for shipping. If I remember correctly they wanted credit card info in case I did not return the goods.

Everyone has their own preferences in what they like. Gotta figure out what you like.
Then the hard part........which color