Mcmillan stock choices - help me please!

A3-5 or EH1A both are good but my personal experience has McM on top for fit, much better inletting than my Manners EH1A.
I also like having the thumb screw for the adjustable over just a set screw that Manners has. While the set screw setup is cleaner I find it not as handy. my 2 cents. I have 3 McM and 1 Manners.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but has anybody tried the Manners EH5A? This is a pistol grip style that I would believe to be very comfortable, I have a Barnett crossbow and the pistol grip stock is very comfortable and better control when pulling the trigger.

I had a lot of anxiety ordering my new stock being as I had never handled any! I also ended up going with a Game Hunter in edge fill for my savage 300 win. build. Also as a medium weight all purpose Mt rifle. From tracking and close range offhand shots to long range prone, I just love the thing. Has a higher but fixed cheek piece.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but has anybody tried the Manners EH5A? This is a pistol grip style that I would believe to be very comfortable, I have a Barnett crossbow and the pistol grip stock is very comfortable and better control when pulling the trigger.

I have and really like the EH5. Got it for my son to use in the future. Mom uses it right now for deer hunting. It seems that it fits a small hand better. Manners' service is top notch.

i can't take it anymore. There are so many options my head just might explode. Here is where I am. I want to build a long range rifle in 300 win mag with a sendero Contour. Gun will need to be shot offhand, prone from a bipod, off a pack and off a bench. I have had mcmillan HTG, and I have 2 mcmillan hunter sporter stocks. I always have liked Remington varmint stocks like the VLS and the HS precision original sendero.
Someone tell me something profound here to figure this out.
Here are the narrowed choices :
Remington Hunter
Tactical hunter
Remington Varmint
A1-3

Thanks
Daunting task! Why don't you get HS precision to stock it for you? Or pick up the phone and call McMillan, surely they have a design similar to what you are looking for.

I like my Game Warden

Attachments

• PXL_20210211_212121535.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210211_212121535.MP.jpg
    891.3 KB · Views: 61
McMillan might not be the lightest stock you could buy. But for me the feels the best. And you can can faith when ordering they will be a great fit, even if it a custom order. Here is a pic of a Game Hunter I recently got from them. I would recommend looking into that model from what you said. Unless you want something adjustable, not sure if they do that in that model. My action was not listed on their site to work with that, after talking to them that is what they recommended for me and built it for my action at no extra charge. It fit perfect and feels great.

Attachments

• 888161D7-12CA-475E-8362-4BE6A13D7747.jpeg
    888161D7-12CA-475E-8362-4BE6A13D7747.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 63
I did find my stock three years ago when I made this thread….
McMillan Remington hunter…
Guns a killing machine …. Headed to Wyoming for antelope end of the month.

Attachments

• 00BB3DD1-8482-4FC4-AF7E-D394CAB27032.jpeg
    00BB3DD1-8482-4FC4-AF7E-D394CAB27032.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • 0E66085A-9AC8-4FB9-AF8C-079F7B01FA7D.jpeg
    0E66085A-9AC8-4FB9-AF8C-079F7B01FA7D.jpeg
    758.6 KB · Views: 68